Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will you buy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleekyG

GENEVA (Reuters) – A flawless vivid blue diamond weighing 7.03 carats sold Tuesday for a record 10.5 million Swiss francs ($9.49 million), the highest price paid per carat for any gemstone at auction, Sotheby's said.

**broken link removed**

If I have the money, I won't still buy it. I really don't think that diamonds or jewelries is necessary, It can just make things get more complicated. :)

Thoughts?

**broken link removed**

If I have the money, I won't still buy it. I really don't think that diamonds or jewelries is necessary, It can just make things get more complicated. :)

Thoughts?

It is not for mere mortals like you and I, rather for the rich and famous. If you question it's value, then it is not for you.

For some $9.5 million is chump change.

The World's Billionaires - Forbes.com

For $9.5 million...what does it...do?For $9.5 million...what does it...do?

It makes others jealous, envious, or just think your an arrogant dick.

Now if I had one I would try the evil take over the world with some diamond powered weapon!
(Insert much evil laughter about here!)

Lol...I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about a diamond super laser.

yeah, but you can use lab diamond for that, in fact I think it would work better.

I bought my wife a useless diamond necklace for Valentine's day. It surprised her and made her very happy. Then she made me very happy.

I bought my wife a useless diamond necklace for Valentine's day. It surprised her and made her very happy. Then she made me very happy.

So thats where the heart attack really came from! ;):p:D:)

But half of the weapon's effectivess is the fear it inspires...using a lab diamond loses that effect.

not if by using lab diamond you are able to make a diamond laser the size of a jumbo jet as opposed to one the size of a roll of paper towels. Put that puppy in space or on a plane with a second smaller laser to measure atmospheric interference and a computer controlled liquid mirror that compensates so the laser hits its target fully focused and that'll inspire some fear.

Argued about why you were chasing the nurses? ;):D

"I wasn't chasing the nurses. They were just leading me in a jog around the hospital to prevent future heart attacks!"

Last edited:
I got to the hospital quickly during my heart attack so there was little damage to my heart.
I got fixed and now I am better than new.

I already visited and thanked the cute nurses.

What would an old housewife do to an old husband to make him happy? Oh wait, I'd rather not know that!;)

My wife is a perveyor of fine jewelry. I recently purshased a 5/8 carat diamond ring for her birthday/Valentine's Day combo. It's a sparkling thing to behold... but it doesn't do much for me like a nice Miller Mig welder or a a machinist's lathe would! She also has a 2 carat diamond solitaire and a blue diamond (small stone) pendant. Then there are the emeralds, rubies, moisanite, special order gemstones and such I've bought her over the years. Someday I hope to put a halt to jewelry buying and buy something for me instead. This should do nicely for me:

**broken link removed**

All of the significant girls in my life never got jewelery. Two got good reliable vehicles and one got a very nice entertainment center and the last one got an awesome sound system in her car!
They cant loose a car or entertainment center down the drain!

They can however run a car out of oil and antifreeze. But thats not my problem!:D

In return I got to pay their bills, put up with a load of BS, fix all of their friends and families stuff for free, and wonder why I thought I ever needed someone else in my life. :confused:

It's not to bad tcm, as long as you can put up with their foibles, and they can put up with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back