Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WILL THIS WORK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doofmaster924

My parents bought a surround sound system(onkyo SR600E reciever) and a new set of ceiling speakers to replace their cheap old ones. Well, the wires from the ceiling speakers lead to an ancient receiver from the 70s equiped with a record player and a radio. Instead of buying a whole new CD player, reciever ect for that set of rarely used speakers I want to hook it up to the Onkyo reciever.(it has enough open ports for the ceiling speakers) which is connected to a CD player and has a built in radio. I DONT WANT TO RERUN ALL THE CEILING SPEAKER WIRES TO A WHOLE DIFFERENT AREA OF THE HOUSE. As a solution I was thinking about building an FM transmitter that would connect to the unused speaker B open outputs of the Onkyo reciever and send it to the old reciever via FM radio which would then send the signal to the ceiling speakers. My mother could then swoon her guests with music throughout the house without spending more than 30 bucks. My question is would this work? Where can I find a schmatic to fit my needs? And could anyone think of a better more effiecient way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back