Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wifi modem router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

The new Internet company just supplies fiber to the
House.what is a good wifi unit and which to stay away from?

in some respects, it depends on your house.`

I've always needed one repeater. My deal is that I put the DSL modem where it needed to go which is close to the NID, about 8' of cable.
The router/wireless portion went in the center of the basement. My initial set-up had a dial-up router/modem with WIFI and I used Ethernet over Power line to get the signal to the basement. Brick ranch house with a basement.

When I looked at line of sight there were big issues. A closet to get to the living room and a shed, earth and cinder block wall to get outside.
In fact, I could get a signal in the living room, but not where I normally sit. It was about 10 feet away. So, I installed a repeater. It was 802.11b at the time.

I'm not happy with what I have now and I have a TV which doesn't like multiple SSID's.

if you want really good coverage, a mesh network is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back