Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide ground trace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric,

Yes I read the said paper and finished in 2 days. It did not cover NON of my 3 above questions, But anyway it was a good paper to make me familiar with PCB tips, Thanks for recommending it.

You can find the equation ON THIS PAGE. It's complicated, up to a certain point, the inductance goes down with increasing width, then it goes up. To find the point where it goes from increasing to decreasing, take the derivitive of the right hand side, set it = to zero and solve for w ( or solve for w+t, since that's the cross-sectional area )

You can find the equation ON THIS PAGE. It's complicated, up to a certain point, the inductance goes down with increasing width, then it goes up. To find the point where it goes from increasing to decreasing, take the derivitive of the right hand side, set it = to zero and solve for w ( or solve for w+t, since that's the cross-sectional area )

Hi Brownout,

Thank you for the link, good page, But I actually I wanted to know the relationship between inductance and the resistance of a wire.

Aby other idea for my other questions plz?

Resistance is proportional to the cross-sectional area, and given by: R=ρ/A, where ρ is the resistivity of the material, and A is the cross-sectional area. For a flat wire, A=T*W; T is the thickness and W is the width. Use this equation and the one given above to investigate how both resistance and inductance is affected by width. There is no equation that yields both quantities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back