Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wi-fi extender or better router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

purchased two new phones from Verizon. These are not smart phones, just basic flip phones. I have conversed with Verizon tech support several times in last 8 days.
My issue is we live in a weak signal area and new phones are 4g technology, not cdma as my old phones were.
I can only make a call in the house in certain rooms but my wife's phone has better reception.Note the phones are using wi-fi if within range of computer router. I can't call from my garage which is 60 feet from router but my wife's phone can and I can receive her call.
a new router or a wi-fi extender
router is what centurytel hands out.
suggestions

Not sure if this will solve the issue you have, but the new house we are in has a garage, which has metal sheeting forming the ceiling, which has a concrete slab poured on top to form the master bedroom floor. It's like a Faraday Cage - absolutely no Wifi signal whatsoever.
I have plugged in a wifi extender close to the router in the house and I have full wifi signal strength in the garage now.

Just get a router that also has a wifi extender mode so you don't have to think about it so hard.

If you live near me dont get an extender! lol, but seeing as you dont then go ahead. I hate the things.

Not sure if this will solve the issue you have, but the new house we are in has a garage, which has metal sheeting forming the ceiling, which has a concrete slab poured on top to form the master bedroom floor. It's like a Faraday Cage - absolutely no Wifi signal whatsoever.
I have plugged in a wifi extender close to the router in the house and I have full wifi signal strength in the garage now.
Should have kept the cage! Now they can read your thoughts and control your actions!! Tinfoil on the head no longer works!!!
You know the signs, you will start to wind coils and play with magnets in a feverish manner, declaring the energy crisis is nearly over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back