Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we order from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think a typo as well. If you look at the other products they have for sale, they are all reasonably priced.

Looks like a standard hitachi controller to me, everything about that post screams scam. Anyone that took the post seriously needs to have their scam radar rebooted =)

Last edited:
From the seller's ebay store page, FAQ:

"
Items with $8xx on price mean Item Not Ready, currently Out-of-Stock or inventory updating. Email seller if you have urgent need, larger quantity or special item needs. "

That's just stupid, can't be right. If those auctions close they're valid?

But the shipping is free! :D

I have seen many scams on eBay and other websites where they use questionable pricing and sales tactics to get suckers who are not paying attention to buy there products. :(

But then again maybe there OLEDophiles who would see that the price justifies the self perceived quality. ;)

I never buy on Ebay, or willing to use PayPal. Just not a trusting person, when it comes to money. Some people like to gamble, some people like to clean up the mess, it's not for me. I know a few people that shop Ebay all the time, sit around and brag on the great deals the got. When the topic doesn't come up for a week or so, I kind of figure they got a not-so great deal, or totally ripped off (never speak of such things, never happens on Ebay). If you take into account the shipping charges, you can usually find a similar deal else where, from a more reliable source.

I never buy on Ebay, or willing to use PayPal. Just not a trusting person, when it comes to money. Some people like to gamble, some people like to clean up the mess, it's not for me. I know a few people that shop Ebay all the time, sit around and brag on the great deals the got. When the topic doesn't come up for a week or so, I kind of figure they got a not-so great deal, or totally ripped off (never speak of such things, never happens on Ebay). If you take into account the shipping charges, you can usually find a similar deal else where, from a more reliable source.

I have pretty good luck shopping Amazon.com. Have purchased my schoolbooks at a fraction of the cost of the school book store. I use a low value credit card for my online orders, so if it was compromised the best the thief could get is $500.00

I've never had any major trouble with buying or selling on eBay either. In at least 500 buys and sells combined I have not had any real trouble so far just a few inconveniences thats all.

I have had one purchase go bad due to a sellers misprint of an available technical manual/book and three bad buyers drop out on their purchases from me due to them not understanding what it was they where buying or the wife/girlfriend saying no after they had won the auction.
I did however leave them bad feed back and reported all of them as well! ;)

The only real minor continual complaint I have is that so many buyers and sellers are too lazy to leave feedback for me. About 3 out of ten will do it. The rest never bother with it. :(
I do have a 100% rating but unfortunately it represents only about 1/5 of the total buys and sells I have done over the years.

I find Pay-pal super to use and have no big problems with how they handle things in general.
The only thing I would like to know why when I make a purchase with them my bank account is drawn upon usually with in the same hour of the purchase but a transfer from them to may bank accounts takes 2 - 4 days. :confused:

I hate paypal. My wife bought a iPhone skin from a company and paid through Paypal. The company she bought from had a return policy that my wife took advantage of because the product wasn't invisible like the company claimed it to be. Obviously we didn't expect it to be 100% invisible, but we sure as heck didn't expect it to look like someone rubbed wet snot all over the phone.

Anyway, the company she bought it from said they gave her a refund but it never showed up in her PayPal account. She contacted PayPal and they told her to give the other company the time they said it takes to process refunds even though it would extend past the 30 days (or however long PayPal gives to dispute charges). Well, the 30 days passed, the company still hadn't refunded her money, and PayPal wouldn't do anything for her despite the fact they were the ones that told her to wait.

So, she called the credit card company that she used to pay for the skin over PayPal and disputed the charges through them. Got her money back. So what did PayPal do? They made an unauthorized charge to her bank account that was no longer on her PayPal account. The bank wouldn't do anything about it because, well, I don't know why. But they wouldn't.

So what are you to do against something like PayPal? All we could do was cancel our accounts, quit using eBay, and file a complaint with the BBB against the iPhone skin company (which they ignored.) 4 months later they finally refunded the money... which of course PayPal refused to give to her until she reopened her account.

Nothing but BS.

We are in the early stages of what looks like trouble with amazon.com. It took 2 months to get the in-stock printer we ordered. A while after it was supposed to ship they offered us a free 2nd set of cartridges (for waiting) in addition to the set we paid for. We have not seen either set of cartridges yet.

We use amazon a lot and most of the time it works great. This time no such luck.

3v0

I wouldn't be surprised to see it get worse. :(

Sadly I am hearing more and more stories and even seeing it first had as to the overall customer service supplied by corporations and even many smaller local business's in nearly all aspects rapidly dropping off in quality. :mad:

I dont know whats going on but there seems to be a strong and fast growing belief that the customer is not who makes the company being demonstrated by business nearly everywhere. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back