Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the LED stays on for some time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseche

Hi all,

I was doing my second circuit, first one with a transistor ! :)

But I didn't get the result I wanted, instead I got a surprise I don't understand.

11142-first circuit.png

My idea was to put a delay on the LED, so it will not turn on immediately after I plug the battery, instead I got the opposite, it takes a while to turn off, I can unplug the battery and the light diminishes slowly ( 1 minute approx. )

I don't understand how the led can emit light if the circuit is not closed !?!?

Is it because the capacitor -> transistor -> led -> capacitor is a closed circuit even when the transistor is not receiving nothing on the emitter ?, it means there is a flow from the base to the collector ??

Thanks

when the battery is connected, it will charge up the capacitor, and the led will be lit. when the battery is disconnected, the capacitor temporarily takes the place of the battery and continues to light the led for a short time.

Hi joseche,

you might want to play with this and find the answers yourself. :)

Boncuk

Attachments

• THIS-OR-THAT.gif
    THIS-OR-THAT.gif
    7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back