Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why isn't object file created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

I'm using WindRiver 5.9.4.8 Compiler to cross compile large embedded 'C' language project.

The source code is in the hard disk on my windows computer. The compiler is in Oracle Linux Server.

I invoke WinSCP to access Linux Server. Now, there are Two Windows on my screen. Window on the left has my windows directory tree. Window on the right has my Linux directory tree. I drag source code from my Windows machine to Linux Directory Tree.

WinSCP comes with a command shell. I invoke make program from the command shell. The compiler starts executing because I see dcc command on the command window. It tries to compile first .c file but object file or .o file isn't created. The error message is as follows:

"/tmp/dtmpBAAa25644", error: cannot create output file ./BOOT/Object/filename.o

The compiler license file is in a different Linux server. According to my IT department, I don't need access to this different Linux Server. License gets pulled without me having access to this server.

Then, what is the problem? Why isn't the first .o file getting created?

Compiler writes output to the Object Folder. I created Object Folder. Then, build worked.

I was expecting makefile would created the Object Folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back