Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why empty folders don't import to eclipse project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

I invoked tortoise svn client to checkout 'c' language project from subversion repository. Checkout is successful. All folders/files and empty folders for storing derived
objects are in the checkedout folder.

I create eclipse workspace. Then, I create empty 'c project' in eclipse.

I import checkedout project to eclipse as follows:

From eclipse main menu, File - Import - General - File System. I browse to folder in windows explorer that contain the checkout project. I click Finish.
Project is imported to eclipse but empty folders didn't get imported. In the Import diaglog box, empty folders were selected. Why didn't they import ?

If I completely bypass tortoise svn client and checkout project from eclipse svn plugin, then empty folders are present in the eclipse project.

This might be a problem with eclipse Import Wizard because dragging files from the file system and dropping them into one of eclipse navigation views works. Empty folders are imported.

This is bug in eclipse. See attached.

Attachments

• eclipse File Import Bug.PNG
    eclipse File Import Bug.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 184
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back