Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why EE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartguy88

I want to know the sources I can know about electrical engineering as a major for life.
I already chose it as a major, is it hard to study???? is it required that we have to be good at both Physics and Math????
what kind of job we can have after studies:confused:
Thank bros

Unless you are working with theoretical stuff or EM, you only need a basic understanding of physics. But it does help to have more. The college you attend will give you enough in required courses in both math and physics. It also depends what field you get into. There are many things EE opens up as possibilities. Math is very important, a lot of calc and differential equations. If you do more programming, Linear Algebra can be useful.

I dont know that programmings like java and C are necessary, m not good at programming
are there pretty many chances that many universities can offer scholarships for EE undergraduate students?
I'm an foreign students and I want to study higher
I chose EE cuz I am not interested in any major yet, but EE is the most powerful department in my univ and that's why I can have chances to study abroad.

by the way any chances that any forum like this with much seniors in EE that I can chat and gain some experience in studies there, thanx

I'd wait before you pick a major before you actually go to university...don't just go because that's "what you do" after high school...it's a waste of money. I've seen it happen and never with good results. University isn't exactly the thing you can just take up without liking what you do and "power through".

If you're talking about one-time scholarships or full scholarships, I don't know about full. But you can get one-times every so often, especially upon entry- though I don't know if foreign students can also apply to those.

Last edited:
smartguy88 said:
I dont know that programmings like java and C are necessary, m not good at programming
are there pretty many chances that many universities can offer scholarships for EE undergraduate students?
I'm an foreign students and I want to study higher
I chose EE cuz I am not interested in any major yet, but EE is the most powerful department in my univ and that's why I can have chances to study abroad.

Here is a site you can ask, they have more EEs there then you can shake a stick at: https://www.edaboard.com/forums.html

Lefty

smartguy88 said:
I want to know the sources I can know about electrical engineering as a major for life.
I already chose it as a major, is it hard to study???? is it required that we have to be good at both Physics and Math????
what kind of job we can have after studies:confused:
Thank bros

With the type of enthusiasm,why EE, no subject is difficult. How do you think that electrical things can't be discussed here? I feel electronics is like applied electricity.

As regards difficulty in programming, you are very likely to overcome that feeling. One thing you must remember, persons from all walks of life are doing programming and they will need to do tomorrow. Even Biochemists, Mechanical Engineers, -name any field- the controllers and programming has crept to all corners. I earnestly hope that even you, with initial feelings expressed, will excel and become an efficient programmer of tomorrow.

I have a good friend who is a successful (if you measure success by income) EE, but he hates his job. He really wanted to be an ME, but EE jobs were more plentiful, so that's what he studied. He used to tell me about once a week (I'm retired now) that he should have been an orthodontist. His kids' orthodontist works 3 days a week, makes way more money, and has his assistants do most of the work.
I think enthusiasm for Electronics is important to achieving job satisfaction as an EE. Any job can be a drag if you don't enjoy what you do - and unfortunately, that's probably the case for 90% of the population.

I hate orthos and dentists and doctors. THe biggest jerks I know with the mental capacity to actually know better studied to become those. THe ones who actually cared about people became nurses, teachers, and therapists.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
I hate orthos and dentists and doctors. THe biggest jerks I know with the mental capacity to actually know better studied to become those. THe ones who actually cared about people became nurses, teachers, and therapists.
Yeah, I've seen some doctors who wouldn't give you the time of day unless you paid in advance. I also have a couple of doctors (remember, I'm old) that I really like, and I think they care about my well-being.

dknguyen said:
I'd wait before you pick a major before you actually go to university...don't just go because that's "what you do" after high school...it's a waste of money. I've seen it happen and never with good results. University isn't exactly the thing you can just take up without liking what you do and "power through".

If you're talking about one-time scholarships or full scholarships, I don't know about full. But you can get one-times every so often, especially upon entry- though I don't know if foreign students can also apply to those.
Hi DKNguyen mayb we are from the same country
I want to be a part of EE world, I enjoy my cell phones much - even its old, and its better for wife whose husband can fix some electric applicants at home more than one can not ha bro ----> that my reasons to be in EE
Do u know how can get the highest GPA as possible in university, my current one is very low. I was died with Java and Language courses.
I dont get much efficience in the library, I often feel sleepy there, and the dorm, it's a way worse place than the lib

smartguy88 said:
Hi DKNguyen mayb we are from the same country
I want to be a part of EE world, I enjoy my cell phones much - even its old, and its better for wife whose husband can fix some electric applicants at home more than one can not ha bro ----> that my reasons to be in EE
Do u know how can get the highest GPA as possible in university, my current one is very low. I was died with Java and Language courses.
I dont get much efficience in the library, I often feel sleepy there, and the dorm, it's a way worse place than the lib

Just do your homework, labs, and projects. I'm terrible at doing homework too. JUst make sure that when you aren't doing homework do something fun and worthwhile. Because if you don't, well, you won't feel like working at all.

To get a good grade you realy do have to love what you're doing. I suppose you don't have to love it, but you'll hate yourself in the end because you put so much work into it to get an A+ for something you don't care about.

TO get the highest GPA, people usually have to sacrifice everything else in their life. It ain't worth it in my opinion. It's one of the things that university teaches you- school ain't everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back