Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Reasons Why I Am Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...you know..us' lunies' get by.

I talk to the walls and they talk back....I will have to play back the recordings at some stage......then it can be explained to me...unless you can hear voices as well?

Probably not?
I didn't say lunie at all, each to their own and all.

I only remarked that I highly doubt Vishay/Rohm/TE would give two hoots what devices their passives go into! Thinking you're gonna get sued just for using them shows an extreme level of paranoia on your part.

I could maybe understand a PIR manufacturer perhaps having a problem with you stating their sensors react to the presence of supernatural beings or whatever. Merely because they wouldn't want people believing that their new shiny house alarm system may be falsely triggered by these things whilst they're out.

hi Al,
I guess the OP may be referring to Synesthesia, which is not uncommon.

If I hear a sharp unexpected noise I see a burst of a monochrome pattern, bit like an exploding firework, lasts about 2 to 3 seconds. Different noises produce a different pattern.
Some people actually see coloured pattern bursts,

Also when I have a needle injection of say flu virus I can taste it for hours afterwards.
Different injections give me a different taste.

Eric

Yep. Very common. Pretty much everyone experiences it from time to time. I have countless times in all sensory aspects.

I occasionally see 'apparitions' out of the corner of my eye now and then. They are not real let alone ghosts or spirits trying to contact me.
They're simple eye floaters and optical distortions that in just the right lighting conditions and angles fool my mind into perceiving a partial body or near face like image being when it comes to movement that's what patterns our visual centers of our brains are designed to attempt to identify or assume something to be more than anything else first.

The rest is just my subconscious trying to fill in the rest of the image and it by default picks a body or face shape as a first attempt for a identifiable match to something the cognitive centers of my brain will accept as a reason to become consciously aware that there might be something next to me I need to look at only to then have it disappear once my full range of visual capacity is brought in to give a full identification of whatever it may really be.

Last edited:
hi Al,
I guess the OP may be referring to Synesthesia, which is not uncommon.

If I hear a sharp unexpected noise I see a burst of a monochrome pattern, bit like an exploding firework, lasts about 2 to 3 seconds. Different noises produce a different pattern.
Some people actually see coloured pattern bursts,

Also when I have a needle injection of say flu virus I can taste it for hours afterwards.
Different injections give me a different taste.

This effect is explained in this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Eric

Hi there Eric,

I'll have to look into this a little, thanks for the reply.
We do run into things sometimes that are hard to explain, that's why i like to keep an open mind. As science progresses reality seems more and more like science fiction so there are still many roads to explore.

I only remarked that I highly doubt Vishay/Rohm/TE would give two hoots what devices their passives go into! Thinking you're gonna get sued just for using them shows an extreme level of paranoia on your part.

I think paranoia is a very high influence in why some people think they see ghosts and spirits and or hear voices plus will wrongly associate a natural real action or event with something that's not real.

They are permanently wired into 'fight or flight mode' but with largely falsely heightened senses driving it (they want and expect to see or hear things, to justify the paranoia, so they will even if they have to fill those expectation perceptions in with imagined ones) so everything has to be given a reactionary identification and justification even it's in fact nothing real.

Then back all of that up with either genuine ignorance of not having ever learned about something or a genuine limited cognitive capacity (simple minded) and they are set to wrongly perceive the whole of reality for being and having things only they can perceive.

Last edited:
Personally I am a skeptic (notice I didn't say non-believer) when it comes to the paranormal, and the idea of EVPs and the like have always fascinated me. I actually had the pleasure of sitting in on an EVP session several years ago and can certainly say there were some unexplained "responses", though I cannot say with complete certainty that they were or were not caused by "spirits". Naturally my critical and logical mind says no way and that there is a scientific explanation, but at the same time the other side of me knows there are still some things out there that cannot be explained using our current understanding of science. I often have multiple sets of beliefs that do not jive with one another. For example, I am very scientifically-minded and almost always think in terms of what is physically possible in our world and universe, but at the same time I am a member of the Christian faith and believe in a higher power that extends beyond our physical world and has control over it. From that point the idea of ghosts and communication with the deceased is a short jump, though as I said I am still quite skeptical. It's a fascinating subject but the burden of proof lies with the people who try to push that communication with ghosts and spirits is real.

If you look for help with electronics here at ETO I would advise you to keep as much of the spiritual aspect out of it as possible and stick to the known science. Since this is what most of us here focus on, you will get the most help that way.

Regards,
Matt

Personally I am a skeptic (notice I didn't say non-believer) when it comes to the paranormal, and the idea of EVPs and the like have always fascinated me. I actually had the pleasure of sitting in on an EVP session several years ago and can certainly say there were some unexplained "responses", though I cannot say with complete certainty that they were or were not caused by "spirits". Naturally my critical and logical mind says no way and that there is a scientific explanation, but at the same time the other side of me knows there are still some things out there that cannot be explained using our current understanding of science. I often have multiple sets of beliefs that do not jive with one another. For example, I am very scientifically-minded and almost always think in terms of what is physically possible in our world and universe, but at the same time I am a member of the Christian faith and believe in a higher power that extends beyond our physical world and has control over it. From that point the idea of ghosts and communication with the deceased is a short jump, though as I said I am still quite skeptical. It's a fascinating subject but the burden of proof lies with the people who try to push that communication with ghosts and spirits is real.

If you look for help with electronics here at ETO I would advise you to keep as much of the spiritual aspect out of it as possible and stick to the known science. Since this is what most of us here focus on, you will get the most help that way.

Regards,
Matt

I've always kept a open mind but so far zero conclusive proof of anything. Lots of supposed experiences with others who mistook some explainable phenomenon for way more than what it was.

Early in life lots of my friend made claims of such sightings while also coincidentally drunk off their butts or worse (of course the claimed they were not the next day while recalling their experiences) but as I was the one who didn't drink I knew what really went on and it was nowhere close to what they ever claimed.

In college at party out on a old farmstead, one gal I knew at the time, got attacked by an 'El Chupacabra' and even had scratch marks to show for it. Well that was her story for the two years more I knew her.

The reality was she was too drunk to stand up and fell over in some tall grass along a tree row and got scratched up by a scared small raccoon trying to get away. 'El Chupacabra ' attack in drunk mind, young scared s***less cat sized raccon trying to not be crushed to the few of us who were in our right mind.

Same with ghosts in the trees. Not ghosts, just dancing shadows from vehicle headlights sweeping by on a road in the distance. With some you'd never convince them that's all it it was they were seeing though. Those woods were haunted and they knew it and the 'El Chupacabra' girl had proof. :rolleyes:

Rather where I came to the conclusion that people with limited cognitive abilities, either self inflicted or natural, see the world a whole lot differently that people like me and a pretty solid explanation for why you don't find high functioning intelligent people in cults and superstition based followings, ever. :facepalm:

Kinda why Shaggy and Scooby doo always saw the ghosts monsters and Velma only saw people in costumes. :p

Regards,
Matt

Hi there Matt,

I too am of the Christian faith and have been for as long as i can remember. Besides it being a personal believe though i have a good rationale for those that find it hard to believe.

First, Einstein believed in God very strongly.
Second, anyone that does not believe in God directly must admit to believing in some kind of higher being that can be thought of as God as we know it. That would be an alien from a higher intelligence society or even another universe. Almost all scientists on Earth believe there is a strong possibility that there are other life forms out there.

As far as the other stuff though, like ESP and the like, i've seen a lot of this stuff debunked. I did see one show though where people were able to predict things that were going to appear on a monitor without having any information about what might come up, and the correlation was better than 50 percent so there was some talk about people being able to predict the future if it was not too far in advance (like a second or two, or maybe less i dont remember the exact time now).
So there's still room for thought, and experimentation.

For me though i would rather work on an anti-gravity theory and try to make something of it, or at least understand it. That would make worldwide travel much safer. Dont know how much progress has been made in this area though over the last few years, if any.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to bring religion into this thread as that is a discouraged topic here. I am simply using it as an example of how my logical side and my spiritual side don't always mix :p

Unfortunately for you it not 1800 and we are not stuck with 1800's levels understandings of the fabric of reality that is around us

Good! Then perhaps all you brilliant guys can explain my Ghost Box with enclosed videos and WHY it works when it should NOT work? (on provision that you can trust what I am posting and any faults are genuine mistakes...if any?)

It's 2017 and the things you claim are not well understood are now in fact extremely well understood.

Since I have had my ass kicked from authority to authority and am now resilient through the nature of of neuroticism amidst my bruises....a simple answer to the world unseen and how these devices work in this world would be highly favoured? Hmmm......they say that an electric shock when in one's infancy can increase sustainability of the spiritual senses? Never knew it was the after shocks in later life at the clinics that we had to worry about?

Plus every supposed psychic or whatever that has ever made the claim they could do certain things when put up against a real life double blind tests to see if they were legitimate failed it miserably to being no better than random chance odds.

Wot! Where's my dueling pistols!!?? Who said that? Hmmmm.......hmm...uh? Right.......
I never fail.
upload_2017-6-21_5-22-38.png

Same with aliens. If they are real they are still stuck with working within the same limits of the laws of physics we are. They might have better understandings of the rules and abilities to bend them a bit further than we do now but they are still the same rules that we have.

Theres a reason people expect those, like you who make bold claims of something, to actually give valid confirmable proof and when you fail to do so have no other option to resort to but skepticism or outright continued disbelief.

You see what you are doing is saying that "We are the bosses...what WE know" You judge when you should not be judging. It boils down to rel*gion and that we are created in the image of God. As we are part of God there cannot be anything greater than God?

We are just the insect that lives by day and dies by night. These entities have mastered all our culture, science and much more and the reason why they just observe is to watch mankind. They cannot intervene and 'blow' our reli*ions, ways and science.

They have not only mastered our science, but control it. They can pick up a spark from an electric wire 10 miles away and could even be zooming into this post? (say hi?)

You see..you talk about STUCK IN THE 1800s. Yet your ideas and methods are stuck in this period as well. Cos you are not elevating your mind to accept that just like MY understanding is over 300 years out of date, you use the SAME hypothesis and 'tar brush' to make good your case.

Yet their technology is millions of years beyond. This earthly universe is just a keyhole into the greater cosmos as we have warp time and mass connected with energy.

Future technology to the ones of 1800 are miracles...because YOU have said so! Yet you cannot understand the SAME miracles furthering that to millions of years?

To say that the basis of all technology is within our grasp as yet to be discovered is both foolish and ignorant. Life and environments vary from culture to culture and DIMENSIONS cannot even be comprehended. We also have MIND. Your science says that nothing can travel faster than light...I could be wrong? As you measure distance by your limitations.

What about the MIND. This nine tenths greater than the brain? Where does your science and logistics fit into the picture that I posted above?

Distance is within a millisecond and how do you explain mind travel?

You cannot...BUT KNOW THAT IT IS THERE!!!

This is what bothers you guys, in your limitations to understand the full cosmos must be frustrating, yet to find something like my Ghost Box is even more frustrating because it takes your science and p*ss*s on it!

So you look for other excuses like what your learning ha s taught you? Sort out the variables from the none variables...elementary my dear Watson!

Elementary indeed...because you have not stepped into the world of metaphysical changes . To see it and not understand it, must be frustrating .

Last edited:

Difficult because spirituality HAS to enter if science fails?

I am here to see if I can save science.
As yet, Ia m still awaiting answers.

When we are at work, we seek help from our co-workers, If the answers are not there, 'we tap next door'

I tap into the 'world unseen'

To most here, it does not exist...but I am 'in and out of it'.

It enters our 'equations and hits us on the nose but we turn our head'

Indeed..stick to known science!

Known science tells me that a PIR works on IR and is dependent on temperature of a moving object in the dark.

SO WHY DOES IT COME ON WHEN THERE IS NO ONE THERE AS I HAVE SHOWN IN MY GHOST BOX THREAD?

Evaluation says that I could be faking?

Indeed but in order to progress can we assume that I am not faking and anything that I say which is incorrect are genuine mistakes?!
Is that not a fair point?

Now you also tell me about EVPs. Why don't you get a recorder..place it in a darken room and play it back using Movie Maker?

Or get a night Light and sit behind it in a dark room, say nothing for one hour, and I bet it will come on!

I didn't say lunie at all, each to their own and all.

I could maybe understand a PIR manufacturer perhaps having a problem with you stating their sensors react to the presence of supernatural beings or whatever. Merely because they wouldn't want people believing that their new shiny house alarm system may be falsely triggered by these things whilst they're out.

If you walk through life with two heads and four arms like I do, then you are going to get noticed.

It creates distaste as it will do here in a short time. It happens..it comes with the job and the sheriff eventually gets shot in the back.

Take for example ocular hypertension? A condition that can lead to Glaucoma of a rate of 5%.
If you are African origin, that increases to 15% which means bugger the ocular hypertension, being none caucasian is going to b*gger up the eyesight.
Yet you go to the optician and in order to cover themselves, send you off to the eye doctor to give you beta blocker eye drops.

Glaucoma is not totally dependent on ocular hypertension, but they do not tell you that, instead saying that you can wake up blind?

Taking your eye drops for six years will finally upset your heart rhythm and you die of a stroke..
They b*gger you in a different way as they cannot fully understand your rhythmic clock or DNA?

Likewise with the optician...don't start talking doctors to them.

Doctors????

Hey.....when you guys fall ill, you see a quack. Then after you see Martinas via the medications you see a shrink.

If I have trouble with spirituality I get a priest and then I see the witch doctor for some hanging herbs above my bed.

Both get paid, only mine will send a HEX after thirty days.

My trade is just as bad.

Back in the old days, they called them gypsies and they would come knocking at your door to sell pegs. Setting the guard dogs loose caused many retreats with pegs flying all over the yard. Now they have become respectable and have their host shows on TV. We call it ENTERTAINMENT. That way it keeps the defibrillators in the phone booths and stress levels down.

Look at this:-

upload_2017-6-21_6-48-11.png

Hmmmmm........seems like university material? Hope they find an interpreter?

Last edited:
I was having some HEG Neurofeedback sessions and I asked the psychologist if he owned a truck. I was right.
You use your brain to continue watching a movie with a sensor to your forehead, It looks at emitted heat.
Problem: migraines upset the success rate. Which was why I was having it. I decided to quit or I was offered the ability to cancel the day before if I suspected a migraine. I was the only patient who experienced micro-naps during the therapy.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to bring religion into this thread as that is a discouraged topic here. I am simply using it as an example of how my logical side and my spiritual side don't always mix :p

Hi,

Yeah good idea. I just like to show how some things that can not be proved are accepted and that it is considered to be perfectly fine when other things are considered outlandish, and there are good reasons for both.

One thing i cant believe though is that a PIR detector can detect "ghosts". If that was true it would seem that we would get a lot of false triggers on many PIR detectors already out there installed in many locations throughout the planet. Also, with a detector like that there is probably no way to distinguish between a "ghost" and just a moving body of slightly heated air. It would take a 2d IR imaging camera to do that, and that is only if the so called "ghost" had a recognizable or at least a repeatable form.
We also have to keep in mind that if someone thinks they see an image formed by a body of heat that looks like Santa Claus and his sled, they better get a second opinion :)

Good! Then perhaps all you brilliant guys can explain my Ghost Box with enclosed videos and WHY it works when it should NOT work? (on provision that you can trust what I am posting and any faults are genuine mistakes...if any?)

Since I have had my ass kicked from authority to authority and am now resilient through the nature of of neuroticism amidst my bruises....a simple answer to the world unseen and how these devices work in this world would be highly favoured? Hmmm......they say that an electric shock when in one's infancy can increase sustainability of the spiritual senses? Never knew it was the after shocks in later life at the clinics that we had to worry about?

Wot! Where's my dueling pistols!!?? Who said that? Hmmmm.......hmm...uh? Right.......
I never fail.
View attachment 106652

You see what you are doing is saying that "We are the bosses...what WE know" You judge when you should not be judging. It boils down to rel*gion and that we are created in the image of God. As we are part of God there cannot be anything greater than God?

We are just the insect that lives by day and dies by night. These entities have mastered all our culture, science and much more and the reason why they just observe is to watch mankind. They cannot intervene and 'blow' our reli*ions, ways and science.

They have not only mastered our science, but control it. They can pick up a spark from an electric wire 10 miles away and could even be zooming into this post? (say hi?)

You see..you talk about STUCK IN THE 1800s. Yet your ideas and methods are stuck in this period as well. Cos you are not elevating your mind to accept that just like MY understanding is over 300 years out of date, you use the SAME hypothesis and 'tar brush' to make good your case.

Yet their technology is millions of years beyond. This earthly universe is just a keyhole into the greater cosmos as we have warp time and mass connected with energy.

Future technology to the ones of 1800 are miracles...because YOU have said so! Yet you cannot understand the SAME miracles furthering that to millions of years?

To say that the basis of all technology is within our grasp as yet to be discovered is both foolish and ignorant. Life and environments vary from culture to culture and DIMENSIONS cannot even be comprehended. We also have MIND. Your science says that nothing can travel faster than light...I could be wrong? As you measure distance by your limitations.

What about the MIND. This nine tenths greater than the brain? Where does your science and logistics fit into the picture that I posted above?

Distance is within a millisecond and how do you explain mind travel?

You cannot...BUT KNOW THAT IT IS THERE!!!

This is what bothers you guys, in your limitations to understand the full cosmos must be frustrating, yet to find something like my Ghost Box is even more frustrating because it takes your science and p*ss*s on it!

So you look for other excuses like what your learning ha s taught you? Sort out the variables from the none variables...elementary my dear Watson!

Elementary indeed...because you have not stepped into the world of metaphysical changes . To see it and not understand it, must be frustrating .
George, this is exactly what I was afraid of -- Trying to force your beliefs on other people as fact even though it cannot be proven. This sort of discussion is not really allowed here, which is why I told you to stick to just the science. If "science fails", as you put it, then the discussion does not belong on an electronics forum and you should move on.

At this point I do not see a useful outcome in the future of this discussion. I am locking it temporarily until the moderators can discuss it. Again, this site is not for spiritual discussions, it is for scientific discussions. If you want to talk about the spiritual, then this is not the place.

The moderators have discussed this and have decided to leave this thread closed. This website is for factual science, not pseudo-science, the metaphysical, or the paranormal. If you want to continue posting, please stick strictly to the known science. Straying from this path will get your other threads closed as well, and if you continue with the same behavior may lead to more serious corrective action.

Please take a few moments to think before submitting your posts from now on. Are they strictly based on known science, or are they based on your personal beliefs or pseudo-science? If your answer is the latter, then don't press the "Post Reply" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back