Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why does UK get so many Switch mode power supplies done in the Far East?

Status
Not open for further replies.
exist
you forget we were trading with China way way way before oil came along.
..in the days of the empire?…before the rest of the world hit on the industrial revolution.. Im afraid that now our UK is nothing more than a little island in the sea.
When north sea oil runs out, we will be poorer than Greece or Portugal.
I wonder what we would trade to china and India now….cars?…we forget that the uk doesn’t make a single car……the Morgan?……its engine is made by BMW!
Name 5 big uk owned engineering co that designs & makes its own stuff..
Dyson
Rolls Royce
JCB
ARM
................that's it..no more exist!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was talking about a long time before the empire ;). Main source of UK GDP is financial services, these require computers and smps to power them. Unless of course won hung lo goes bust :O, lets hope they dont all use the same PSU OMG OMG OMG that would be the end of our little Island.

Main source of UK GDP is financial services
..Yes , all payed for by north sea 0il (before it runs out)
Finance in UK is a joke of course, after the latest crash of 2007, we had to get an American in to be Governer of the Bank of England, because we're so broke.
He's still in the job. He's doing as good a job as any Brit could. Good on him.
We're the only nation in the world to have someone from another country to take care of our purse strings because we're so broke.
Not that i'm complaining, the American guy is as good as any we could put up.
And the Yanks have sucessfully pulled us out of some mega big messes before.

How did you get a degree! Your theory on GDP is the financial equivalent of over unity. Financial services are when the city (stock exchange) move stocks/shares etc etc etc around and get paid. They bring in more money than all the oil is worth, so how can oil pay for it all? I cant be bothered to look up our GDP but it will say %oil % FS they are not the same.

With the greatest respect your grasp of geo politics and world economics is appalling. I suggest in your next job you sit on your own during breaks and read a magazine, dont interact with others while you hold these views.

You remind me of a place we once visited in London (Barking) I think it was called

Canada and USA are the same place…you can tell because the border line between them is straight…straight border lines means it’s the same country either side, otherwise they’re bendy where each country says “I want that bit” etc etc.
Financial services…….ive lost count of the number of times I have heard very right wing sons of British Army/RAF officers saying that London’s financial services is just “pushing money about”….akin to a tea person shoving the tea trolley up and down

Canada and USA are the same place…you can tell because the border line between them is straight…straight border lines means it’s the same country either side, otherwise they’re bendy where each country says “I want that bit” etc etc.
Financial services…….ive lost count of the number of times I have heard very right wing sons of British Army/RAF officers saying that London’s financial services is just “pushing money about”….akin to a tea person shoving the tea trolley up and down
where possible a countries border will try and follow a natural barrier such as a mountain range or river, this made things easier long ago. Now if such features present a problem then they erect a fence in a straight line.
Canada and America are the same country like a SMPS is Like a Solar panel. You can tell that because both have something to do with electric.

I would edit your post before AG see's it!! Your heading for a whole world of hurt!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back