Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why does rectifier Vout measured with multimeter differ from scope measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

king.oslo

Hello there,

I hooked up the oscilloscope to my rectifier. The multimeter says input is 18.8V, which is correct according to the datasheet of the transformer. I connect the oscilloscope to the input of the rectifier, and it says it is ~56V peak to peak.

I then measure output from the rectifier using multimeter (16.5V) before hooking it up to the oscilloscope. The waveform looks correct, but it says the voltage is 27 peak to peak.

Why am I getting these readings on the scope?

Because the mulitmeter is measuring RMS, which is .7*v(peak). So, 27*.7=18.9, pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back