Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who's your best friend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. That's why I dream about getting a few of these things together and having like an epic mecha battle.

I wonder if you could charge enough money to cover the cost of repairs?

This is the Link Belt me and my dad rent every few years. (Around $2000 for a full weekend last time) We use it for dirt work around the farm. It can pick and place 4 ton culvert sections at full reach to within an inch of each other.

What does it weigh? Looks to be in the ~50K pound area?

I haven't got to run one of these much. I work for a contractor one summer that had one. I never got to dig with it much, but got to haul it around quite a bit. Driving one up the back of a beaver tail equipment trailer isn't something I ever enjoyed.

If I ever win the lotto, I will certinly be adding one to my collection:D

You know I am not sure what it wheighed. the truck it is delivered on is special permited to 130,000 pounds. The driver said he thought he was close to that loaded. If we rent it again I will get some pictures of it on the "centipede trailer" they bring it on!

You would love running it. Its so smooth and powerful. It makes running my junk yard buddies caterpilar magnet cranes feel like total worn out pieces of ****!
Well okay they are total worn out pieces of **** but still. After all scrap yards usualy dont sell there equipment. They run it until it cant run no more then buy a newer machine and use it to process the old one it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back