Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who's your best friend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Craney

If you have ever had doubts that your dog is your best friend , then try this experiment. Lock your wife & your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. At the end of the hour let them out. Now ... which one is REALLY happy to see you ?

Thanks, Ross, I got a good laugh out of that one!:D
I read it to my wife. She laughed and said that I had better not try that on her. I pointed out that I don't have a dog. Apparently that was the wrong thing to say.:eek:

Last edited:
Good one. Kind of a reversal on the prop tie hanging out the trunk lid gag that sold well to some women ;) Remember them?

Lefty

I drive a truck-- it has no trunk. However I do have a back-hoe to dig a good sized hole and the front bucket to fill it in... will that work ? :rolleyes:

Best friend

Hi friends,

it seems to me you are all living on the wrong side of this beautiful blue planet. (Mentioned before: Join the Air Force, see the world.)

If I lock up my wife with the three dogs we have (one Thai street dog and two "Golden Retrievers") she'll be happy to be left alone talking into the dogs to release their digestional leftovers in neighbor's garden rather than in the living room (**** room) :D

It is true that money counts a lot in a man's life concerning women. The difference is: Thai women are satisfied about the info you give them about your annual income.

I don't feel I'm am lier, but hold back a bit of the truth.There is one thing to keep on mind: If the dogs jump up your lap and want to be hugged, please leave them alone and

hugg your wife instead! :D :D*Boncuk

Last edited:
I drive a truck-- it has no trunk. However I do have a back-hoe to dig a good sized hole and the front bucket to fill it in... will that work ? :rolleyes:

If the hole is small enough not to "give a good one" it should work. :D

Last edited:
Ha ha... cute toy there! Looks like it's mounted to a wannabe truck... Chevy Colorado or similar.

My preference is this type:
**broken link removed**

Cool! I would love to goof around with one of those. I would love to get 2 of them, then me and my buddies could fight with them like giant monster robots.

A heavy equipment dealer near me has a row of excavators, hi-lifts, and backhoes arranged out front, along the roadside, as if they are challenging each other. It's a good attention grabber and almost suggests dinosaurs going at it! Just behind them is a lonely looking piece of strip mining drag-line machine. It suggests that it's patiently waiting to gobble up wannabes up front!

A heavy equipment dealer near me has a row of excavators, hi-lifts, and backhoes arranged out front, along the roadside, as if they are challenging each other. It's a good attention grabber and almost suggests dinosaurs going at it! Just behind them is a lonely looking piece of strip mining drag-line machine. It suggests that it's patiently waiting to gobble up wannabes up front!

I'd like to see a picture of that.....:D

Thats not actually your backhoe is it, HiTech? I bet getting it back down wasn't too fun. I hope the brakes on the rail car were locked....

I am a fan of big yellow machines. :D Some guys have a classic car, some a Harley Davidson or maybe a speed boat. Not me. I own this: ;)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Is that a car your smashing ?

I guess your neighbor won't park his car in front of your driveway again.:p

kv:D

**broken link removed**

:D:D:D

Another entertaining picture

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Let's see I guess your also telling the auto makers this was a poor design.

Or maybe it's your idea of a compact.:p

kv:)

Edit: Design flaw.

Edit:Edit: In keeping with the thread. Is that a hand sticking out the trunk.:p

Last edited:
Thats not actually your backhoe is it, HiTech? .....
I am a fan of big yellow machines. :D Some guys have a classic car, some a Harley Davidson or maybe a speed boat. Not me.
No that's not my machine-- mine's a JD. I once had smaller Allis Chalmers tractor. I've always been partial to CATs though. That's a nice dozer u have there-- is that an older D8 with a single, center mounted lift ram? I know the newer model D8 & D9 employ twin lift rams mounted almost vertically with reconfigured support arms/beams. There's nothing like a CAT diesel eh? :D
As for big yellow machines (or big green and yellow machines too) I agree. I like boats and bikes just like the next guy does, but hopping into the seat of a machine made to do real work is a real thrill, always IMHO. My son has loads of those die-cast metal models of heavy equipment by ERTL Toys. He fairly gorwn up now but still enjoys tinkering with them at times and wants a tree harvester to add to his collection.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
I think you could do a little better job on that passenger-side window frame!!
Hey is that a JD harrow I see in the tall grass behind you? I hope you aren't using that as a lawn ornament!;)

Since we are comparing toys... This is the Link Belt me and my dad rent every few years. (Around $2000 for a full weekend last time) We use it for dirt work around the farm. It can pick and place 4 ton culvert sections at full reach to within an inch of each other.

If I ever go off the deep end I am going to rent it, armor plate the cab and engine bay then go nutters in town! Sure they will eventualy shoot my ass but I bet I make world news!

Attachments

• Misc Pics 028.jpg
    Misc Pics 028.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 250
is that an older D8 with a single, center mounted lift ram? I know the newer model D8 & D9 employ twin lift rams mounted almost vertically with reconfigured support arms/beams. There's nothing like a CAT diesel eh? :D

Actually, its a cable lift blade. There is a large twin spool winch on the rear that uses a half inch cable and block and tackle pullys on the nose to lift the blade. There is no down pressure other then the weight of the blade. There power it has is quite impressive. It easily lifted that truck. The truck and the blade together easily put 10k pounds on the nose of the thing.

Yes, I love the old inline 6 cylinder diesel in these machines. Its an awesome sound.

Between me and Dad we have a few of the green and yellow machines too. :D Old two cylinders - A 730 and a model B.

I think you could do a little better job on that passenger-side window frame!!
Hey is that a JD harrow I see in the tall grass behind you? I hope you aren't using that as a lawn ornament!

Amazing thing was how the door latch held!

Its an old 2 bottom plow on steel wheels. It was in a barn fire. I painted it all up when I was about 10. We tried to use it once. Plowed about 100 feet and hit a rock. The release mechinism has a huge spring in it that just collapsed from being hot in the fire. After that, it was a lawn orniment for a long time, then dad sold it.

If I ever go off the deep end I am going to rent it, armor plate the cab and engine bay then go nutters in town! Sure they will eventualy shoot my ass but I bet I make world news!

This guy tried that - Marvin Heemeyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It did not end well. Good thing he choose a Komatsu dozer. A Caterpillar would have have just kept going until he ran out of fuel:D

I had an Oliver with no downpressure and not even a cable lift! It used link/leverage and was a B I T C H to lift at times. Used it for snowplowing mainly since it didn't weigh enough for doing good grading... it bounced on large rocks.

I've seen the video of that nutcase and his Komatsu. Then there's the video of the disturbed soldier who stole a tank and ravaged a community with it. Sadly, a police officer had to used deadly force in the end.

hehehehe
That where I got the inspiration from! I have driven heavy equipment for many years.
dozers tend to get hung up. OR fall on basements and get trapped. Tanks too!:p
That long reach excavators have opens up all sorts of new possibilities!
Excavators can get buried up to the cab and still dig there way out! Or with a real big one just sit in the parking lot and take the face off the building! A few scoops in the middle of the right street and all the water, power, gas, and comunications goes out! Nock down power lines, crush cars with the bucket, Go raging nutter on everything! :D

Do you want to jump up on an excavator that has the bucket touching a high voltage line? :eek: Most would not know the power leads from the ground line.
The fact your touching something up there is enough to keep them away for a while!

But really I would not ever do it. I would feel bad if I hurt someone or damaged something owned by anyone that did not deserve my rath.:(

Still theoretical mischief does make a smile now and then!:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back