Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who sells 2x5x7 chassis boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I need 20 boxes about 2"x5"x7". I have searched ebay and the electronis part supply places and not finding anything. I am not looking for industrial NEMA enclosures. Here is a hand drawn pic. Not sure what the official name of this type box is maybe that is why I can not find them. It has 2 U shape halve that fit together with 4 screws. I could make 1 box by hand but I dont want to make 20 of these. It makes no difference if it is steel or aluminum.

**broken link removed**

Try Bud Boxes, Digikey has a good search for your size enclosure and they are good quality boxes.

Agree with Neal Bud Box. You may also find a Radio Shack selling off everything that has some along the lines of what you want.

Ron

Experments have proven Enclosure Box is the #1 best search and Project Box is #2 best search. 3 places listed on the forum for parts have no boxes. Jameco is the best place for boxes. After learning enclosure box is the best search I tried that on ebay and found boxes that never came up before. Prices range from $4 per box to $39 per box. The die case aluminum and plastic boxes are the best and lowest price. Jameco has a very good variety of sizes.

On the same page to which I linked are the covers:
upload_2015-3-12_0-51-52.png

Since you asked for a chassis box, not a project box or case, it will typically come as shown with a separate cover. The Bud site might show other designs available.

John

I made my own box about an hour ago, this was a junk microwave oven. I cut the metal from the microwave oven metal case.

My Research and Development Department, ME.... has determines the box is almost too small. Box is 2.5 x 4 x 6 and needs to be 2.5" x 4.5" x 6.5".

I still need to make a hole for the wires.

008_zpsssvvnrfe.jpg

**broken link removed**

002_zps6padaqwc.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back