Who sells 2x5x7 chassis boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I need 20 boxes about 2"x5"x7". I have searched ebay and the electronis part supply places and not finding anything. I am not looking for industrial NEMA enclosures. Here is a hand drawn pic. Not sure what the official name of this type box is maybe that is why I can not find them. It has 2 U shape halve that fit together with 4 screws. I could make 1 box by hand but I dont want to make 20 of these. It makes no difference if it is steel or aluminum.

**broken link removed**

Try Bud Boxes, Digikey has a good search for your size enclosure and they are good quality boxes.

Agree with Neal Bud Box. You may also find a Radio Shack selling off everything that has some along the lines of what you want.

Ron

Experments have proven Enclosure Box is the #1 best search and Project Box is #2 best search. 3 places listed on the forum for parts have no boxes. Jameco is the best place for boxes. After learning enclosure box is the best search I tried that on ebay and found boxes that never came up before. Prices range from $4 per box to $39 per box. The die case aluminum and plastic boxes are the best and lowest price. Jameco has a very good variety of sizes.

On the same page to which I linked are the covers:

Since you asked for a chassis box, not a project box or case, it will typically come as shown with a separate cover. The Bud site might show other designs available.

John

I made my own box about an hour ago, this was a junk microwave oven. I cut the metal from the microwave oven metal case.

My Research and Development Department, ME.... has determines the box is almost too small. Box is 2.5 x 4 x 6 and needs to be 2.5" x 4.5" x 6.5".

I still need to make a hole for the wires.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…