Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who Makes this Temp Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I just picked up a used Thermatron S1.2V environmental Temp chamber for my DVT company that I started not long ago. Anyways, I have the manual for the temp chamber but the control unit is not the OEM controller, so I can't tell who it is made by. I want to know this in order to get a manual for it. I have not yet pulled the controller out to see if I can get more info, but thought maybe someone has seen this controller before and knows the manufacturer. Note: In my Thermatron manual, the controller Model number is listed as 2800
Thanks in advance :)
Image is below:

Model5200.JPG

You got me on that one Mike. I worked with quite a few Thermotron and Tenny chambers. The 2800 was one of the more common controllers. While I have seen similar allowing for remote SP I never saw an animal quite like what you have.

Ron

No idea, but looking at the design I´d guess someone makes those in their mother´s basement. And I guess she is pretty pissed he can´t find a proper job :D

The chamber is an older unit so I will most likely purchase a newer controller anyway, I bet the thing is RS-232. The chamber is still in my truck as it weighs around 400 pounds so I need to get a few guys to help me unload it. Once I get access to the back I will get more info. One thing I did not realize when it was loaded into my truck is that the heavy end is facing the cab, so that is gonna make it more awkward to unload.

truck.jpg

This one doesn't appear to have the programable keyboard of this 2800.
Someone made a change?
https://ia802306.us.archive.org/35/...2800Programmer-Controller.-OperatorManual.pdf

Which reminds me of a funny true story. I have also used many Tenny's and Thermotrons but when asked at a Contract MFG Co to do a DVT for a client for .$10k on a small 4 port SCADA unit prototype I had no ovens and a lean budget.

So,I made one.
One Plastic insulated Picnic box.
One 5W muffin fan
One 35W heater (soldering iron in front of fan)
One thermal spiral chart recorder on paper and thermocouple
One bag of crushed dry ice.

Then I mimiced the slew rate and temperature of a Tenney JR with a nitrogen boost. for thermal shock and all the other cycles -40'C to +60'C with controlled slew rates.

worked like a charm and ran it in the office. Total cost $15

the dry ice got to -50'C but the 5W fan raised it to -40'C

Last edited:
Problem with this controller is that I can't find the beer chill setting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back