Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who is that handsome young man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant find Arnies avvy. I am getting old :):)

Crazy world this. XP has me confused :p

Stay well folks,

tv
animate.gif

LG
It is good to see that you are making good use of your old baby pictures and videos this past couple of days.
You should use one for your avatar, so much better that people who have to crib a picture of some vacuous celebrity as an avatar.
JimB

LG
It is good to see that you are making good use of your old baby pictures and videos this past couple of days.
You should use one for your avatar, so much better that people who have to crib a picture of some vacuous celebrity as an avatar.
JimB
There recent......................................mutter mutter...........................................................mutter mutter:sorry:

LG
JimB

LOL Jim:p:p:p:p:p:p

I don't think it's to do with the language itself.

I know this is an old thread, but I believe I have some insight here:
The company I work for has design centers in China and the US, but the main center is located in Germany. Many of the core technologies are German.
For that reason, I have made an effort to learn to read German and perhaps write some short sentences. I'm not an expert on German language by a long shot, but I can understand a couple of things.

What is really difficult while reading German, besides the oddball grammar, is the use of compound words.

Take a simple one, a film's light sensitivity, you know, its ISO number. In German it is an infuriating word: Lichtempfindlichkeit.

When you encounter such a word, you have to first scan your brain for patterns and familiar words to break it in manageable chunks.

First one, it is easy: Licht or light. very common word.

Second one a little harder: keit, which is a prefix meaning similar to -ity or -ness.

The third part is harder: empfindlich...is it a single word or do I have to further divide it? After a while one realizes it means sensitive.

Thus: Light- sensitive- ness.......why not do it like English or most other languages, in a pair of distinct words: Licht empfindlichkeit??

This was a fairly simple compound word. Look on Youtube for some really hair rising examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back