Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who can introduce IC buses to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's lots. An important one you missed is SPI which is faster than I2C, not differential (long distance) like CAN, and unlike I2C and CAN, it is not addressable. You need a chip select line to every IC to enable it (tell it that the signals on the line are meant for it).

There's also RS-485 which is a bit like a super set for CAN (it contains CAN as well as other protocals if you do the development for it). Ther's also RS-232, and RS-422 (like RS-485, but not multi-master, only multi-drop).

Thank you dknguyen!(but I know all the bus u has told to me)
last month I have gone to cannade.And a professor introduced a kind of bus to me .The bus can control lots of equipments and be changed easyly.He changed the controled object without changing the program in PC(it is universal to the controling IC) .He said it is better than CAN bus.I don't know what is it?Do u know it?

Last edited:
If you have no way to verify or understand his claims then I would be suspicious. The world is full of snake oil salesmen promoting better mouse traps.

If he's connecting to test equipment like function generators and meters, it's probably GPIB. The use of a PC suggests that.

tkbits said:
If he's connecting to test equipment like function generators and meters, it's probably GPIB. The use of a PC suggests that.
Well that certainly is an atiquated piece of crap that never caught on.

And it makes a dandy fieldbus for connecting single point I/O devices. Oh the overhead for one lousy bit of data. I can hardly contain myself I'm laughing so hard. And IPv6 just made it worse! Bwaa..Ha...Haa...Haaaa

Papabravo, there's no need to use all that overhead. Software can be written to read/write raw ethernet frames. But it's DEFINITLY not for single bits or very small byte packets. The robustnses and proven reliability of the physical interface is nice though.

Thanks everyone who had given me information!
I think every BUS has its own excellence,I just want to know the BUS which i haven't used!
Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back