Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

White Noise Generator wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

uspilot

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a downloadable/printable wiring diagram of a simple White Noise Generator on the web?

I've been having some difficulty finding one.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I built this noise generator some years ago, I had to open it up to get the schematic. The reverse biased transistor base-emitter is the noise source. I attenuated the noise because it was used to check the sensitivity of CB radios. If I could hear the increase in noise, the radio had sufficient sensitivity. Almost any NPN transistor will work, the one I used was not marked, so I don't know what is was. 2N3904 should work. If you want the noise to extend to high frequencies, good RF layout is essential. Mine was built on copper clad with glass bead standoffs.

Attachments

• NOISEGEN.jpg
    NOISEGEN.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,809
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back