Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which should i pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloodbust said:
so if i get a plasma then i get burn ins, if i get a projector then i get exploding blubs, then should i get lcd?

Plasma's only have burn-in problems if you don't treat them right, and mostly it's a problem only for the first six months or so - just like a flourescent tube they get dimmer quite rapidly for the first few months of use.

Basically it's a personal decision, none of them are perfect, 'probably' Plasma is the best picture though?.

Plasma burn-in issues are far & few. If you use it for static display of text or graphics then you'll experience problems. As for exploding bulbs, that's rare. I have roughly 9 years of experience using Sharp, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sony, Toshiba, NEC, and Proxima projectors. Only the Toshiba lamps have either cracked or "exploded" within the proj. ( about 3 times in 5 years). The Sony projs. never failed. Once again the lamps are often manufactured by another vendor and lamp life has never been an issue of concern to me. 99% of my lamp stock lasts their entire, expected lifespan... and these lamps are being used 5-10 hrs. daily.
I also have two 48" Pioneer plasma screens that suffered power supply failures approx. a month out of warranty. Pioneer repaired them for free due to the well documented fact of their pwr. supply failures. And good thing too since the repairs cost in excess of $1000 each!

if the room you'll be viewing in has alot of ambient light in it, then the plasma may be better. If you can control the ambient light, a DLP projector is just fine. A proj. with an image brightness of around 2000 ANSI lumens or higher is bright enough to view in a lit room, unless it's intense sunlight washing out things. Remember it must be say ANSI lumens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back