Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Linux Editor should I use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

My large 'C' language code is in Linux Server.

Which Linux Editor should I use to edit and navigate my source code?

I need to use powerful editor that has powerful source code navigation. For example, from function call, one keystroke will navigate to function definition. From 'C' source file, one keystroke will open the include file.

There should be comprehensive information to learn the editor from book or other sources.

From windows computer, I telnet to Linux Server.

The folder structure that contains my source code is in my home directory.

Dumb question:

Can you set up an SSH server and use SCP (secure copy) to get the files. With SSH set up properly, you don't need passwords.
So, you might be bale to make a few batch files, to get and put your files from the Windows machine from the Linux machine.
Just a thought.

One time, I ran Cygwin on a Windows machine and set up an SSH server.

Use GIT easy as pie
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance.
Screenshot from 2018-01-12 19-31-18.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back