Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which is the best tool to learn pcb design

Status
Not open for further replies.

manju_gowda

Hi all,
I want to learn PCB design so can anyone please suggest which software is good and also provide some good tutorials link to learn design.

Thank yo,
modify_inline.gif

I use EAGLE CAD. There is a way to down load and use it for free. as long as you don't make money with it. (hobby use)
There are many utube videos to show how to use it.

This topic comes up every week on the forum. You can search for PCB software. Every one has a opinion.

Why not start out with a pencil and 0.1" grid graph paper and design a few small circuits just to see what you have to do in order to work your way around a crowded IC or if you have to use vias/double-sided boards or jumpers/single-sided boards. I started out doing manual PCB design and really, haven't progressed much from there as the program I use for design is not an autorouter but nothing more than a computerized version of manual layout.

I guess it's like a lot of things. Learn to use a hammer before using nothing but a pneumatic tool; learn the benefits of a simple manual screwdriver before depending solely upon an electric driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back