Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which compiler to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_boytor

I'm new to programming and I am trying to teach myself the C programming language. I've wrote a basic program but now need a compiler. Does anyone know a good (free) compiler I can get? I am using windows XP.

I'm new to programming and I am trying to teach myself the C programming language. I've wrote a basic program but now need a compiler. Does anyone know a good (free) compiler I can get? I am using windows XP.
If you're looking for a C compiler I recommend SourceBoost BoostC. The demo is only code size/RAM limited - works for all supported PICs. And when you hit the limits of the demo, a full license for the compiler is only about $75! Compare with C18's price of ~$500 and PICC's price of ~$1000. It's a no brainer! Better yet, BoostC comes with both 16F (supports some 12F also) and 18F compilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back