Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Color Toroid and Ferrite material is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes it seems, they just paint them whatever color matches the mylar tape wrapped around the completed winding.

unclejed613 Factories do have their own personal coding system. A lot of parts have factory numbers instead of manufacture part numbers. Money grubbing factories put secret numbers on their parts so no one can repair their equipment without buying repair parts from them at extremely inflated prices. Some companies do not want their equipment repaired, they want you to buy a new $5000 piece of equipment instead of a repair part. Once I was working on Honeywell equipment after testing it I found the bad part and Honeywell refused to sell us repair parts but it just happened to be a $2 part that I recognized I replaced it with an over the count part an that fixed it. I never liked Honeywell because of their greedy deceptive practices I called them to tell them, I repaired your equipment no thanks to YOU we will never buy your equipment ever again. I think Honeywell was already going down the toilet lots of people hated them. In the late 1960s Sears had THEIR TVs built with odd voltage parts 17v and 23v vacuum tubes, Sears was the only place that had parts and only place that could repair a Sears TV. Sears only made TVs for 3 years people learned not to buy Sears TVs. In early 1970s a Cadillac car carburetor was 3 times more expensive than Oldsmobile carburetor the only difference was the throttle connector, if you swap the OLD Cadillac connector to the NEW Oldsmobile carburetor now you have a new Cadillac carburetor. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back