Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tvtech

I have had some close friends from South Africa. One couple, now in their 60's, have been "going steady" since the 2nd grade. Now, that is true love. My son recently returned from 2 years in Lesotho, but we worried about him every day.

You have a wonderful and beautiful country. Don't think for one second that those of us aware of what has happened don't know of the pain. The friends I mentioned were full of stories. Although they have lived in the US for many years, they do visit their S.A. home almost annually. I am sure they share your pain. What can we do to help?

Regards,

John

Hi John

My friend, everyone has to sit back and watch. Including me and all that care about this beautiful country. Absolutely nothing I can do about it....except moan here.

So, I won't moan anymore. Doe's not help :eek:

Thanks for your post. And thank's for your caring. Much appreciated.

Seeing this is my little thread, let's keep it funny and all. And alive :D

Regards,
tvtech

dear tvtech
thank you for this lovely post..lol//i am from China ,and i'm very interested in camera of taking photos....a picture says so much ......now i am live in guangzhou ,one of the biggest cities in China ,even the world..hope you will contact me when u travel to China

Will do friend. Stay well and I will look you up if I get to China one day. I need certain COB LED's only made by Dopdea in China. You know them?

Here is a link to their Website:https://dopdea.en.alibaba.com/produ...ce_led_strip_module_with_CE_RoHS_EN62471.html

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hello tvtech & other folks. How specific do you want? Well I live in Nuneaton, in the Midlands, in the UK - it's a small market town that used to be a coal mining town, about halfway between Birmingham (which some of you may have heard of) and Leicester, and somewhat north of Coventry - about level with the top of Wales, I think, can't say I've never paid that much attention. It's rather like being in the 70's, but without the good bits, being here (though admittedly my memories of the 70's are childhood ones). I come from Yorkshire originally, a mainly engineering town (or it used to be) (although now it's mainly just a crap town) called Huddersfield, in the heart of what used to be a great wool producing region (West Yorkshire, aka the West Riding), and more recently lived in Cornwall, which used to be a great tin mining region, but now mainly produces pasties. And seagulls. I mean fish. I mean tourism, dammit. Anyway, the long and the short of it is, there are lots of places in the world I'd rather be from, England just isn't that great a place (and I have been been drinking slightly, so very honest!), though I can't speak for Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Cornwall which of course are separate countries, sort of.

Last edited:
Originally from Manchester, England. Now in Brisbane, Australia and have no intention of going back to Manchester.

Mike.

Originally from Manchester, England. Now in Brisbane, Australia and have no intention of going back to Manchester.

Mike.

Ahhh!!! Now I know why you'e so good at spotting my mistakes..... Originally from T' North... Same train of thought.....

Hi Gang,

Am originally from Dunedin ( Edinburgh of the South) South Is, New Zealand
Have been in Sydney Australia for the last 12.5 yrs
Although I have been back a couple of times to visit friends and family, I have no real desire to move back there
There are many more opportunities here in OZ for work and hobbies

Dave

Dear tvtech
I have had a look and unfortunately we are not able to source them at the moment.We are definitely looking into adding these COB LED's to our product line.But we didn't have the supplier now,we'll try our best,thank you .However I am not too sure when that will be.If you have any other suggestions for products please let me know and I will share it with my team.

kind regards,

Hey!! No problem. I have found alternative RS Components that will do the job...maybe better....but @ a price :D

Keep in contact

Regards,
tvtech

I am here in the US residing in the State of Confusion.

OK, actually New York City born and raised but ended up here in Cleveland, Ohio USA. Not quite sure how I ended up here as I guess it was my little destiny.

During my younger years I traveled the globe extensively and those were some of the best nomadic years of my life. Getting to experience different cultures first hand was one thing, experiencing the flavors of the world quite another. I loved the different foods. I like this forum not just for the electronics but more for the nice international atmosphere sans the politics. The spoken language is electronics which is pretty cool.

I have yet to figure out what I want to do when I grow up so I guess I should work on that. :)

Ron in Cleveland, Ohio USA.

I like this forum not just for the electronics but more for the nice international atmosphere sans the politics.
I second that. I guess 'sans politics' is why some members choose not to disclose their whereabouts.

Last edited:
Nobody had an answer on the whole WWW
Electronics is like that. One of life's great mysteries :)

From middle Tennessee, about halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga and a little to the north.

Hey guys

I would really like to start a business here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com...atlantic-ever-heard-of-it.130823/#post1086497.

Nobody steals. People that can both think and write at the same time.

No strikes. No useless stupids. Just people working together as a team to make things happen. To the benefit of ALL.

A community of around 4000 people only...who all actually WANT to work...not expect free handouts for being useless..like here in South Africa.

I have said it all,
tvtech

Last edited:
I strongly think I am only European outside UK..

Last edited:
Spelt that way it looks like "you-rope-ian"! An inhabitant of the jovian moon Europa, perhaps? But, what's it like where you come from, MisterT

Last edited:
Spelt that way it looks like "you-rope-ian"! An inhabitant of the jovian moon Europa, perhaps? But, what's it like where you come from, MisterT

Fixed the spelling :) Finland is a cool place. Nokia is going back to making boots. Luckily the weather is on their side.. shitty.

Fixed the spelling :) Finland is a cool place. Nokia is going back to making boots. Luckily the weather is on their side.. shitty.

Seriously about Nokia :D:D:D LOL. Stay well pal.

Cheers,
tvtech

Last edited:
Never mind. I am tired too. Sorry for confusion :D

What I posted doe's not make sense. I guess I am losing it. At last after a long battle with Sanity, Madness rules.

Regards,

tvtech.

PS: I am soo tired of drinking myself to Death here in the rural Eastern Cape...not one new building has been built here...no progress...just everything going to pieces. It is like nobody cares.

Water can run in the streets.....nobody reports it because it does not help. Nobody gives a HOOT here anymore.

Enough.

I am stuck here for the time being. So, I will try and make the most of it.

It is getting more difficult to handle though daily....over this.

My passion for fixing or helping people with problem sets has waned too. Bugger them. They first try themselves to fix the set. They fail. Stuff all up. And then bring it here for me to try and bring back to life...

Africa. I have seen stupidity beyond belief......I could go on and on. Bah :mad:. Not worth it..

Over helping idiots.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Never mind. I am tired too. Sorry for confusion :D

What I posted doe's not make sense. I guess I am losing it. At last after a long battle with Sanity, Madness rules.

Regards,

tvtech.

PS: I am soo tired of drinking myself to Death here in the rural Eastern Cape...not one new building has been built here...no progress...just everything going to pieces. It is like nobody cares.

Water can run in the streets.....nobody reports it because it does not help. Nobody gives a **** here anymore.

Enough.

I am stuck here for the time being. So, I will try and make the most of it.

It is getting more difficult to handle though daily....over this.

Take it easy mate. Don't do anything drastic. We're all here for you!

Cheers

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back