Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the younger people have had it drilled in to them that they must never tell anyone on the interwebs thing where they are otherwise the bad man will come and do bad things to them, they think that they will be prey to weirdos coming out of their screens if they so much as mention which country they are in.
LOL. That partly explains it. But of all the 168k members here I suspect 165k, give or take, are age 50+ yet still won't tell us where they are :D.

Edit: And for the benefit of those who don't know where Wales is, it's part of the UK :D.
(Only 2 nights ago an American being interviewed on UK TV declared that he thought Wales was 'a beautiful part of England' !)

Last edited:
okay, okay, you forced it out of me. I am from San Diego.

By the way, are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a '-1' on my post where I said where I was from? :confused::rolleyes:

Something seems awry. I saw that appear last night just as I clicked to go to the next page. I thought, could I have hit the rep button accidentally? Maybe dragged across it? The button is >1-1/2" away from the page button on my screen. So, I paged back last night and it was gone. Relief. Now it is there again and I can't give rep. That latter fact makes me think I am the culprit.

I assure you, it was completely unintentional and would change it, if I could. Please accept my apology.

BTW, brother-in-law is in Manchester and a good friend is at the University of Vermont. We have visited the area quite often. I was referring to the border between the P.R. of Vermont and "live free or die" New Hampshire. For being so close, there is quite a contrast.

John

The visitors to this site span several countries:
India, USA, Bangladesh, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Argentina, South Africa, Canada, Philippines, Germany and also Iran.
Not surprising, India ranks highest at 22 percent and USA 17 percent with United Kingdom 3 or 4 percent.

BTW my loc is shown on the left.

Last edited:
Something seems awry. I saw that appear last night just as I clicked to go to the next page. I thought, could I have hit the rep button accidentally? Maybe dragged across it? The button is >1-1/2" away from the page button on my screen. So, I paged back last night and it was gone. Relief. Now it is there again and I can't give rep. That latter fact makes me think I am the culprit.

I assure you, it was completely unintentional and would change it, if I could. Please accept my apology.

BTW, brother-in-law is in Manchester and a good friend is at the University of Vermont. We have visited the area quite often. I was referring to the border between the P.R. of Vermont and "live free or die" New Hampshire. For being so close, there is quite a contrast.

John

Hahaha, don't worry about it John. Just seemed a little strange is all :p:D

I know a lot of people who studied at the University of Vermont. It was/is a very popular school around here. My youngest brother attended Champlain College, which is right around the corner from UVM. For a lot of the students in Vermont, I imagine it's "away from home, but not too far away" :)

There you go DS... I counteracted it for you....

Thanks Ian. It didn't bother me, but I was just wondering if I did something wrong :D

Much appreciated!

I’m from Kingdom of Bahrain ( wondering if anybody knows where it is ), an island between Saudi Arabia and Iran. We are hosting one stage of F1 grand prix.

Living in a nice small village ( not more than 3000 people ). All my country can be seen in one day tour (566 square km) . Location latitude 26.2154, longitude 50.5832 and time is +3GMT

I’m from Kingdom of Bahrain ( wondering if anybody knows where it is )
Yes I know where it is, I have never been there, but I have flown past it a few times on my travels.

JimB

Yes I know where it is, I have never been there, but I have flown past it a few times on my travels.

Next time you fly past, get dropped in (by parachute) and ask about me whoever you meet and he will bring you my home . ;)

If you are after stats without people not conforming to your proper discussion format, perhaps you should either ask electromaster if he can provide that from the user database (just a single line of SQL would do it) or you can scrape the info from the site yourself.

LOL :D

I was joking :p Never take me too seriously when I post here in the Members Lounge ;)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hello:

I am from Puerto Rico.
[it is an island in the Caribbean]

Hi prprog

My dream one day is to visit the Caribbean Islands. Lot's of Cruise Ships frequent those beautiful places.
Sadly though...you canno't do the trip from South Africa as we have very few Passenger ships that frequent our shores.

The only way is to fly from here to the States and then embark the ship in maybe Miami. And that costs plenty money.

Regards,
tvtech

Hey, y'all.

James Island is smack up against the city of Charleston, SC, USA.

Charleston, as everyone knows (what hubris), is a city with 300+ years of history and tradition, untouched by time and progress...

Last edited:
Hey, y'all.

Charleston, as everyone knows (what hubris), is a city with 300+ years of history and tradition, untouched by time and progress...

Now you see, I have loads to learn here. I always thought the Charleston was a dance :eek: Not a City. Man, I feel really thick right now :eek:

Valued members..please pretend I did not post here...I forgot..I started the thread...please derail it. Take it totally Off Topic.

Talk about cars etc. Anything but the original post by me. Have I lost my marbles...probably YES. And it really feels good.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey, y'all.

I can drink to that! I was invited to a conference at the university. It started at 8 AM (big hand on the 12; little hand on the 8). The Chairman of the department began the conference by opening the liquor cabinet and passing the bottle. This was supposed to be an academic meeting.

I might enjoy a beer on Saturday at noon, but not hard liquor at 0800 on a weekday when working. Great food, though. It was an absolutely beautiful day.

John

Valued members..please pretend I did not post here...I forgot..I started the thread...please derail it. Take it totally Off Topic.

Talk about cars etc. Anything but the original post by me. Have I lost my marbles...probably YES. And it really feels good.

No more trying to train an Ape to think....I.am.really.tired.of this. It.has got.me.nowhere.and.I.am.tired.of.this.

Canno't bang my head on a wall forever. Stupid stays stupid. Nothing I can ever do will change it.

Regards,
tvtech

I don't get what the problem is....?

I don't get what the problem is....?

Hi Derstrom

It has nothing to do with with this great forum and everything to do with my Country....as I watch it go to pieces under clueless rule.
Theft, unaccountability, stupidity.....etc.

My problem is the Country I was born in going to ruin...I don't like that.

That's my problem.

Stay well and update your Tesla thread. So I can see how well the fundraising is going :)

Regards,
tvtech

@tvtech

I have had some close friends from South Africa. One couple, now in their 60's, have been "going steady" since the 2nd grade. Now, that is true love. My son recently returned from 2 years in Lesotho, but we worried about him every day.

You have a wonderful and beautiful country. Don't think for one second that those of us aware of what has happened don't know of the pain. The friends I mentioned were full of stories. Although they have lived in the US for many years, they do visit their S.A. home almost annually. I am sure they share your pain. What can we do to help?

Regards,

John

TV.... Its a good post.... Look at the popularity! We're on 4 pages already... We need light hearted threads such as this one....

I am trying Ian

Thanks ;)

Lets see how long my silly thread lasts :D

You know, Members Lounge is meant to be an area where we all relax....sometimes it can work us up more. Because we can post our frustrations here without technical repercussions...

My take.....and long live my silly thread :p

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back