Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea!!! There is too much rain to tell... I think I'm in a rain forest :D:D:D

LOL :D Actually a serious question.

It would be really nice to see out of 168,641 who still hang around here...:)...FWIW that is.

And no.....I don't expect 168,641 replies to my silly thread.....I really tried though........:p

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I'm in the central US, about 150 miles (240km) south of the city of Chicago, in the state of Illinois.

I've never understood why so many members are reluctant to reveal their location, even in general terms. At least the OP's country of residence would be helpful when questions are being posted.

OK TVtech, which part of South Africa?
From what I remember, it is a fairly large place.

My location, as it says in the left (near) Peterhead in Scotland (which is near England), (Which in turn is near Wales).:rolleyes:

I've never understood why so many members are reluctant to reveal their location, even in general terms.
Because the younger people have had it drilled in to them that they must never tell anyone on the interwebs thing where they are otherwise the bad man will come and do bad things to them, they think that they will be prey to weirdos coming out of their screens if they so much as mention which country they are in.:rolleyes:

JimB

Last edited:
LOL :D Actually a serious question.

It would be really nice to see out of 168,641 who still hang around here...:)...FWIW that is.

And no.....I don't expect 168,641 replies to my silly thread.....I really tried though........:p

Regards,
tvtech

I know... but if you look I have my location filled in......As Nigel said... "Cowboy from Rochdale":D:D

Rochdale is 10 miles north of Manchester..

Last edited:
I've never understood why so many members are reluctant to reveal their location, even in general terms. At least the OP's country of residence would be helpful when questions are being posted.

It's all about openness..as in revealing yourself to a Community like this. Some people have issues.

They might feel they they will be ignored..scorned or simply chased away.......

Not like here at ETO. ETO caters for all. ETO tells the truth only....and guides people correctly like no other Electronics Website can do. And that is why I love this site....if I loose it and post nonsense..I will have a load of stuff to deal with. I like that. I have to think twice before posting Technical info.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
A bit late I know, but the truth nevertheless.

Be good guys,
tvtech

Vermont, United States of America. Small town in the eastern/central part of the state. 2 miles from the Connecticut River, which separates Vermont from New Hampshire.

Vermont, United States of America. Small town in the eastern/central part of the state. 2 miles from the Connecticut River, which separates Vermont from New Hampshire.

Are there still armed guards at the border?

I once paddled across Lake Champlain, but then that was a different state. Those states up there are so small. :D

John

I once paddled across Lake Champlain, but then that was a different state. Those states up there are so small. :D

John

You see now, I canno't win. Never mind a proper discussion...:rolleyes:

Oh well, I tried :D

Regards,
tvtech

Regards,
tvtech

Perhaps only those members who don't show a location or who intentionally show a wrong location should reply? So, what's the purpose? I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, USA; otherwise known as the mistake on the lake. What's to discuss? I apologize that I took it as a joke.

I do think that a real location -- preferably country, but at least time zone relative to GMT or UTC -- should be a required field.

John

I'm on the south coast of England (Just above the Isle of wight), from what I gather, the very respected Mr. Eric Gibbs is a near neighbour of mine. :)

All I know is, If I take a right and walk two miles, I am in the ocean.

Regards,
tvtech
If you are after stats without people not conforming to your proper discussion format, perhaps you should either ask electromaster if he can provide that from the user database (just a single line of SQL would do it) or you can scrape the info from the site yourself.

I'm a fellow South African, but from Gauteng Johannesburg Area. To be more precise, Krugersdorp. VIVA Blue Bulls :D

John

Could be. To be honest, I don't go up north very often. In fact, I go north very rarely. Probably guarding the Canadian border, which is at the northern end of the state.

By the way, are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a '-1' on my post where I said where I was from? :confused::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back