Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy used RTDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop

Hi,

I decided to implement an RTD probe (General Purpose RTD) in one of my temperature control projects. The main specification for the RTD is that it must be 3 wire (if it's 4-wire it is even better). As for other specs I'm not too picky considering these devices cost $70 US or more (mostly from omega.com), brand new.

Do you guys know any sites that offer used RTD probes?

Thank you.

P.S. I've tried https://www.used-line.com/ but they don't have any.

(Resistance Temperature Device): A sensor that measures temperatures with a bridge measurement (a three- or four-wire half-bridge or a four-wire full-bridge). The sensor uses materials that have a variable resistance depending on the temperature of the surrounding area and on the length of the material.

You might find a surplus industrial electronics place has them - locally anyway. While there are lots of them around it would be tough to identify what you had. There are two places here in Rochester that I'd try - not because they carry them specifically, but because some might have come along when they purchased a pallet of surplus stuff. You might check with a local instrumentation sales representative - one that sells process and temperature control instruments. They may have some discards that they'd part with at little or no cost - can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the info.

With google at my fingertips, I forgot the good old yellow pages. I think I know just the local store that could have some RTDs.
:D

Anyway, thatnks again for all responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back