Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where to buy stripboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandude

I have never used stripboard before, in fact until I started reading EPE magazine I didn't even know it existed...

But it does look like an easy way to make simple circuits, for when I don't feel like etching a board. The question is where is the cheapest/best place to buy stripboard?

I found it at https://www.futurlec.com/ProtoBoards.shtml
and that's the best price I've found so far. However, that's still a LOT more expensive than the $1 a board for big 8" by 12" sheets of single-sided blank copper-clad that I bought a while back...

BG Micro (see attachment)

Attachments

• page26.pdf
    372.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using Veroboard for many years. A while ago I couldn't get it anymore so switched to using a very good Chinese copy. They also stopped so now I get some locally but made in Taiwan, smells real bad like dung or something worse. I liked the epoxy-fiberglass stripboards.

Most of the previous replies are for perforated board, not perforated stripboard where half of the printed wiring is already done for you by its strips. I have even made huge and very complicated high-speed logic circuits on Veroboard and they worked just fine and lasted "forever".
I plan a circuit layout on gridpaper, then cut the strips with a light touch from my drillpress. I use the srips for horizontal runs (IC pins) and jumpers, resistors and capacitors for vertical connections.
For example:

Attachments

• 6v_ultra-bright_chaser_pic3.jpg
    6v_ultra-bright_chaser_pic3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,041
hey audioguru that is really neat. i also like the 3V chaser you made (www.electronics-lab.com)

i also use stripboards for most of my work. they are very easy to work with. no need to get a PCB etched and drilled. i think i also use the same ones you do audioguru. it smells really bad. and i think that its called bakcilite plastic. ive never seen or worked on fiber glass stripboards.

Thanks Sam,
My new 6V Ultra-Bright Chaser project runs the LEDs for a few revolutions then stops with the LEDs off for a couple of seconds to save battery power before starting again. The same circuit also works for a 3V Chaser with a few parts changed. I turned-down the flash duration to 15ms so the Ultra-Bright LEDs look like fireworks and also to save battery power.

The original epoxy-fiberglass Veroboard was a dark blue stripboard that was very strong. The Chinese copy that I used for a few years was also epoxy-fiberglass and strong. They never warp like the stinky phenolic boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back