Where to buy single components (reasonably priced)?

DRJP

I'll be replacing a component or two on a board which I'm repairing. What's the best place to buy a single component or two other than Amazon or eBay? Or is Amazon or eBay a good place to start looking?

I'll be replacing a component or two on a board which I'm repairing. What's the best place to buy a single component or two other than Amazon or eBay? Or is Amazon or eBay a good place to start looking?
For one or two parts, most of the price you'll pay is in shipping. What kind of parts do you need?

Tayda Electronics is a good source for small quantities of components or to stock up on larger quantities to have them on hand. I'm a very satisfied customer.

That reminds me. I need to stock up on 0805 100nF caps and a few values of resistors. When my box of SMT components hit the floor, a couple compartments popped open, sending parts flying!

Tayda recently raised their shipping prices a lot.

I'm in Michigan. Just need a transistor and maybe a couple of diodes and a thermistor.

Funnily enough, I tried to reorder some parts from Tayda earlier today - and they were out of stock

We only order one specific part from them, so I've been trying to find another source - and settled on (possibly) Mouser, so ordered from there to see if their part will fit.

It's only a volume control, as used to be used in old eastern radios, but I couldn't find anything like it on AliExpress.

This is the part:

$0.59 from Tayda, from Mouser it's over £2.50!.

Tried direct from Alpha Taiwan? Part # is RV170SF-10-17K-A10K and is still current according to their website.

I'm in Michigan. Just need a transistor and maybe a couple of diodes and a thermistor.
I'll be in Auburn Hills next Wednesday - let me know what you need if you're close by. I have more inventory of through-hole parts than I'll ever use in my lifetime. .

I'll be in Auburn Hills next Wednesday - let me know what you need if you're close by. I have more inventory of through-hole parts than I'll ever use in my lifetime. .
It's a a bit of a hike over there and I'll be out of town. So...if I find out what I need, maybe I can get them from you? More than willing to pay for them + S&H.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…