Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy PC BOARDS and TRANSFORMERS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I am looking for following,
1. A manufacture that makes printed circuit boards?
2. A manufacture that makes transformers?
3. A company that sells resistors, capacitors, tubes, connectors, plugs, etc. at whole sale prices?

Last time I bought PC boards the minimum quantity order was 200 boards. Wonder what is available these days?

I use to get transformers from Thordarson Meissner does anyone else sell them?

For parts, go to Digikey.com or Mouser.com

For prototype quantities of pcb, there are several services that will give you a few boards. (Google it)

Here is a good place for tubes, sockets, audio and power transformers and more.

Here is the place for the resistors, capacitors, plugs and connectors and if you can come up with the specs the odds are they may have transformers that match your needs if the first place doesn't have something compatible.

https://www.digikey.com/

PCB printing.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi,

I had to like this question because in the past i had no problem getting the transformers i needed, even bigger ones. There was a company that sold them pretty cheap and the shipping wasnt too bad either, but they went out of business. These days when i look for transformers they are very expensive once you get to maybe over 10 amps output secondary (step down type). I would not mind finding a decent 30 amp (maybe even 20 amp) transformer with maybe 16vac output or something like that, but of course not exceedingly expensive either. I'll check out some of the links in this thread so far.

DigiKey!

Last year I got PCBs from: Sunstone.com, OSHPark.com, Advanced Circuits,
OSH Park is new to me. Boards come in multiples of three. (3,6,9 etc) Price is good if you can wait.
My first order: 1.75"x1.75" (4.4cm) 2 layer $5.00 each including shipping.
Second order: 4.8"x4" (12x10cm) $32 each with shipping.

I would not mind finding a decent 30 amp (maybe even 20 amp) transformer with maybe 16vac output or something like that, but of course not exceedingly expensive either.

16 VAC is a common value for buck boost type transformers. Pretty easy to find those in a 16/32:115/230 configuration from a few tens of VA into the 10+KVA sizes.

A standard 500 VA 16/32:115/230 will set you back around $60 - $80 if you do your shopping right.

Hi there tcmtech,

Do you have a source for this? I will be happy to check it or them out. Thanks :)

Hi there tcmtech,

Do you have a source for this? I will be happy to check it or them out. Thanks :)

eBay has tons of them. Other than that most any online search engine will bring you loads of sources. They are pretty easy to find.

Hi,

Well i was talking for a reasonable price too.

What are you defining as a reasonable price?

In my book any new 500 VA industrial application transformer under a $100 is a fair and reasonable price.

Hi,

Yeah i guess that's as good as it gets these days. That sounds ok i guess. Back 10 years ago i paid $25 for a 360VA, cant get that anymore then.

You can always do what I do and get them from salvaged industrial equipment. It's more work but when you hit on the right machine you can get loads of good parts for next to nothing.

TCmtech, so you're a scrounger too, thumbs up!!
But I bet most of are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back