Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy laser lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

We are still working on a laser project. Seems most everything is figured out except the laser itself. All is coming down to the lens work which I have little experience. However, from the lenses I have found so far, I can but 50 laser pens for what I can but one lens for.

I opened a GDO sensor circuit and found a 10 cent plastic lens in that. I need to find a source for these. Probably not laser specific, just cheaper lenses in an array of sizes and focal lengths.

Ideas?

For small lenses (a few mm diam) you could try blobs of clear plastic (lacquer, hot melt glue etc) applied as a liquid to a flat surface and allowed to harden.

You don't mention what the frequency of the laser is, which is critical for suggesting where to get lenses from. If you just need basic lenses you can gut any old telescope/microscope, even junk toys. There are probably a dozen lenses you could buy that would fit your need you just have to change the distance from the source relative to the focal point of the lens.

I routinely use a 10X plastic Eyeloupe that cost 3 dollars to take close up pictures using a cell phone.

Try Newport

There was company dealing with optics and laser, Newport, in USA.

I do not know if they still exist.

They had the most incredible catalog I have ever seen.

Philips manufactures laser collimator lenses.

Here is a datasheet of them.

If you can't source them they are available at https://www.reichelt.de/

One set (three lenses) is €3.95.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back