Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy a Pole Pig ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note. What type of discharge or pulsing circuit are you using to run at that voltage and power level? I have seen actual videos of home made Tesla coils pushing nearly 100kw, So I dont think his 5 kw is all that far out of line.

Ive run three 12 kv 60 ma sign transformers in parallel before as a Tesla coil driver. thats nearly 2200 watts. And I am still alive! ;)

But the safety precautions are at the top of the list. I would never go withing several feet of the driver circuit while it was active. And I did use a grounding wand to tap every high voltage component before handling anything when it was turned off. ;)

You probibly already know this, but A1 Electronics is one of the last TRUE electronic surplus stores left in Cannada. In a single visit you can spot a SONY 1inch broadcast deck, 35mm Carosel Projectors, Pneumatic Actuators, resistors,caps,CB Tranceivers, Oscilliscopes, and TONS of transformers...along with thousands of other items.
No sense calling them...even THEY dont know what they have

Last edited:
You probibly already know this, but A1 Electronics is one of the last TRUE electronic surplus stores left in Cannada. In a single visit you can spot a SONY 1inch broadcast deck, 35mm Carosel Projectors, Pneumatic Actuators, resistors,caps,CB Tranceivers, Oscilliscopes, and TONS of transformers...along with thousands of other items.
No sense calling them...even THEY dont know what they have

Yes I have visitted their website but I never visitted their store. Thanks for reminding me of it. I will definatly pay them a visit.

I like spam! :D
Barbecued or fried. Cold out of the can on a sandwich with some butter and mayonnaise with a chunk of lettuce is great too! ;)
The smoked turkey mmm.mmm mm. ! :)

Spam the other white meat! Or red or pink or what ever color... :p

Well if "spiced ham" is Spam, the turkey would have to be called Spurkey?

Wow I just realised the thread title is "where to buy X"... And the spambot struck!
I wonder of this is some new super smart Spambot??

I am not even going to hide my back woods prairie dwelling lack of computer terminology knowledge, so what is the correct definition and an example of computer spam or spamming?

And dont send me on a snipe hunt either! :p :D
We actually have little marshland dwelling bird called a snipe! Cousin to the piping plover by the way. ;)

The TV term taking someone on a snipe hunt confuses my whole state! :(
I know its intended to be prank you play on a city dweller that thinks he is a hunter in order to play a joke on him by getting him to hunt an "imaginary bird", but when there really is one and they are all over the place here, we just did not get it! :eek:

Some still dont. :eek::eek:

Speaking of spam...

I finaly Found a Pole Pig!

**broken link removed**

Or should I say Pole Pigs ? :)

Oh and the price is just right ($14.95)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Looks a bit safer too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads