Where to buy 570-580nm wavelength LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroyon

Hello,

I am trying to find a large amount of LEDs that produce light in the 570-580nm range. All LEDs I have found using google in the 10mm form factor I need are far too orange in color, as they put out typically 590-595nm wavelength light.

Does anyone happen to know where you can order a large amount (650pcs) of 10mm dome LEDs that produce 570-580nm light?

Thank you.

^
Yellow is typically defined as around 570-580nm. 590-595nm is seems (to me, at least) more orange than yellow.
**broken link removed**

I have no idea why many LED manufacturers make 590-595nm wavelength output LEDs and try and pass them off as "yellow".
I need an LED that produces a color of yellow that is similar to the color in the center of the following picture, not the color in the top left, which is what I have only found so far:
**broken link removed**

I have found some 583nm wavelength LEDS, but they are only surface mounts or 5mm form factor
**broken link removed**

I might be a bit SOL, since it seems most yellow LEDs are shifted red instead of shifted green:
**broken link removed**
Even many yellow-green LEDs are too green:
**broken link removed**
I imagine there has to be a "true yellow" LED out there somewhere though?

Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
What package size do you want?

How bright does it need to be?

Here's a link to some bright yellow LEDs, they are narrow angle and rated to 50mA so are very bright.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…