Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy 570-580nm wavelength LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroyon

Hello,

I am trying to find a large amount of LEDs that produce light in the 570-580nm range. All LEDs I have found using google in the 10mm form factor I need are far too orange in color, as they put out typically 590-595nm wavelength light.

Does anyone happen to know where you can order a large amount (650pcs) of 10mm dome LEDs that produce 570-580nm light?

Thank you.

^
Yellow is typically defined as around 570-580nm. 590-595nm is seems (to me, at least) more orange than yellow.
**broken link removed**

I have no idea why many LED manufacturers make 590-595nm wavelength output LEDs and try and pass them off as "yellow".
I need an LED that produces a color of yellow that is similar to the color in the center of the following picture, not the color in the top left, which is what I have only found so far:
**broken link removed**

I have found some 583nm wavelength LEDS, but they are only surface mounts or 5mm form factor :(
**broken link removed**

I might be a bit SOL, since it seems most yellow LEDs are shifted red instead of shifted green:
**broken link removed**
Even many yellow-green LEDs are too green:
**broken link removed**
I imagine there has to be a "true yellow" LED out there somewhere though?

Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited:
What package size do you want?

How bright does it need to be?

Here's a link to some bright yellow LEDs, they are narrow angle and rated to 50mA so are very bright.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back