Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is the Peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

You Guys are flying. Eric made me aware of this site that monitors Web popularity: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/electro-tech-online.com

In three months you have improved ETO's ranking by more than 6000 positions. It probably helps by me keeping my mouth shut :)

Love you all and go for it. I am never too old to learn. Love the silence here...like tvtech is here...nobody speak to him :eek:

Ignore him. He will go away :)

Good plan but it will not work. You might not love me as Forum members...but I love you all. Every one of you warts and all. No matter the plan. I am here watching....

Silence. I love it. Like "don't associate yourself with that Member". He is bad news...

Seen as a "bad boy" when stuff went down. Very few people here have any balls at all to stand up and be counted when stuff goes wrong. I have being doing it my whole life long.

And the strongest part of me is my backbone. Legs are stuffed, fingers, balance too.

I simply say things that need to be said and take the heat.

And loving ETO

All the best,
tvtech

Last edited:
OK. Lets put balls to the wall. Alexa reported 6000+ when I thought I was clever. ETO was apparently down on ratings....
And you Guys picked up....now it's down again: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/electro-tech-online.com

So, either I do not affect ratings or what??.

Let me tell you what I think....Be yourself. Be what ETO is. Solid advise and no bull.... And have the Community here that does not try and compete with other sites out there. Why must ETO compete???

We all know what we are doing..that is why this place is as rock solid as it is. The alexa ranking thing should not affect ETO...

We are a bunch of experienced folks....not wannabe ones. That need to be taught. Bugger that.

ETO is ETO. A grouping of good people that know their stuff. End of story.

People want proper help, they come here. And they have to live with our rules. We do not go out begging for questions or posters.

A special note to the Mods here: Nigel and Ian and Matt and 3vo and Mike and so on.
You guys are trying so hard. You want ETO to fly. And so do I.

We need to pace ourselves....

We are a Forum with Members that never guess answers...People out there know it :):cool:

We need to reinforce the message over and over. ETO might look pretty.....but there are some serious minds here...try me:)

In all seriousness, ETO has no real competition out there. Sure ETO might have been higher ranked before all the crap that happened....but you know what....ETO has CHARACTER. Like good interesting people have a character too. People like to be associated with interesting things...

I don't know if it's just me or maybe I am plain dumb here.....here goes....

Some of the very best minds on the NET choose to reside here..steveb, Mr Al, KISS, alec and many more always come back to settle here in the comfort of a Forum that loves them, sees no reason to question them or otherwise pick their brains to hell...like other Forums out there.

Think about it. I joke a lot...but only in good company. If ETO consisted of a bunch of ********, I would not joke or play. I would be a Hitler.

I dig being surrounded by good people. And ETO has always done that for me. I cannot recall having a serious disagreement with anybody here in the time I have been here.

We all get along in our own way. So much good here at ETO.

Love you all,
tvtech

Last edited:
Don't forget Jim and Inq! They work pretty darn hard too! :p

Anyway, thanks for the kind words tv. We all play a part in keeping this forum clean and keeping the atmosphere one of teaching and learning. As long as we can stick together as a community, ETO will never die, even if its ratings are down.

Regards,
Matt

Don't forget Jim and Inq!

It is OK, TV has not forgotten me.
In another thread a few days ago, he said:
You are a good guy Jim
Just thought I should let you know :)

He is just a big old softy really!;)

JimB

My bad. Sorry Jim and Inquisitive.

But you both probably know by now....I always mean well. I just forget sometimes :wideyed:

I still love you though :)

All the best,
tvtech

^^^^this is funny.

This is the kind of stuff that made ETO. Let us never forget our roots.

All work and no play makes a boring tech.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Calling John..

Mr Panhalt....you there :wideyed:

Spelling, spelling, spelling.

Last edited:
tvtech,

Alexa's metrics are:

from https://www.alexa.com/about

Our Data

Alexa's traffic estimates are based on data from our global traffic panel, which is a sample of millions of Internet users using one of over 25,000 different browser extensions. In addition, we gather much of our traffic data from direct sources in the form of sites that have chosen to install the Alexa script on their site and certify their metrics. However, site owners can always choose to keep their certified metrics private.

Our global traffic rank is a measure of how a website is doing relative to all other sites on the web over the past 3 months. The rank is calculated using a proprietary methodology that combines a site's estimated average of daily unique visitors and its estimated number of pageviews over the past 3 months. We provide a similar country-specific ranking, which is a measurement of how a website ranks in a particular country relative to other sites over the past month.

I suspect you are looking at the global traffic ranking ...

What one decides for their metrics is up to that individual. Forums have two growth points ... membership and postings. Postings can be artificially high considering the "off topic venues" which are not germane to the primary focus of the forum. Don't get me wrong, I think the "off topic" area's are good to have and I support them. Those area's are the cornucopia of non-germane topics, including some gems that would otherwise be relegated to a non-existent life if not for the Off Topic areas.

tvtech,

Alexa's metrics are:

I suspect you are looking at the global traffic ranking ...

What one decides for their metrics is up to that individual. Forums have two growth points ... membership and postings. Postings can be artificially high considering the "off topic venues" which are not germane to the primary focus of the forum. Don't get me wrong, I think the "off topic" area's are good to have and I support them. Those area's are the cornucopia of non-germane topics, including some gems that would otherwise be relegated to a non-existent life if not for the Off Topic areas.

Hi Joe

I am learning with Alexa still. Interesting stuff. Ever been on the Wayback Machine here: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.electro-tech-online.com

All the best,
tvtech

The wayback machine is pretty good. I visited an old forum from the 1990s to remind myself on how little things have changed.

Good records and interesting stuff :). Funny thing is it seems busy doing certain tasks....and forgets about others/sites.
It crawls the NET. Looking for stuff :wideyed:

Learning here.

tvtech

The way back machine is a snapshot in time ... every analytic engine out there is a snap shot in time. Real time doesn't exist when viewing some information. This doesn't mean it's useless ... lol

The way back machine is a snapshot in time ... every analytic engine out there is a snap shot in time. Real time doesn't exist when viewing some information. This doesn't mean it's useless ... lol

Ostensibly. what you say is based on fact then ;)
Pondering all written here now.

Gotta pull that damn Dictionary out of my bum now cause its hurting....

Stay well Guys,
tvtech

Yeah you can't look at it when it's up there. I had to pull mine out because I was sure that word should have a "b" in it, but no, you got it right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back