Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where is the Peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I assume CRT is NOT Cathode Ray Tube ... but I do think the T is television.

I can recall doing CRT Rejunivation, but repairing was much different.

As far as your opinions concerning other groups, I don't care where you express your opinion. All I said was you'd have a better audience with a BLOG on google.

This is crazy. Directed at you Joe...
One of the people out there that reads my stuff...sits back and thinks..and thinks more and then replies...

I know you like your Stats and all.
You taught me something. You are not extremely Popular....but you are one of the few out there that does not really care. That is a good thing.

Neither do I really. I tell stuff like it is here. Some laugh. Some think. Some dismiss. Their problem.

Glad you posted.

Regards,
tvtech

I dont sweat the small $hit. Anyome that dislikes me can file in at the back of a very long line.

Young petty officers in the electronics technician rating didnt like to be held accountable for their previously acquired knowledge either,but the got over it.

It was commom for some, junior and seniors to use a seven letter adjective when mentioning my name, but then, I'm sure i wasnt the only chief addressed im that manner. Lol

I dont sweat the small $hit. Anyome that dislikes me can file in at the back of a very long line.

Young petty officers in the electronics technician rating didnt like to be held accountable for their previously acquired knowledge either,but the got over it.

It was commom for some, junior and seniors to use a seven letter adjective when mentioning my name, but then, I'm sure i wasnt the only chief addressed im that manner. Lol

OK Joe, here is how it rolls:

I cannot keep up with your mastery of the English language....I am looking for a fail here by befriending you....
Fecondly, I mean Sekondly, you have crept right into the brain of tvtech :)

I like your honesty. Good stuff.

****....I have to work Tomorrow and it is almost 3 AM here.

See you and take care.

Regards,
tvtech

At this stage..I may as well carry on.... pointless sleeping now :wideyed:
Sun coming up in an hour or so...

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Here is my honest assessment of myself here @ ETO.

1.I have no technical advise to offer other than CRT repairs. And as all know here, CRT is mostly dead. Everywhere except here.
2. Members with Judgmental skills...are accessing me..not Technical...just here looking.^^^. And providing feedback. Invaluable no doubt to this Forum.
3. My Off Topic posting is probably annoying some people. Funny or not. This is a "Technical Forum". No joking allowed.
4. So, I am stuffed.

You will get no judgment from me for being 'off topic' in the toff topic areas but then again I am one of the few here who ever got tossed out for a an extended period (more than once in fact) for posting 'off topic' stuff in the off topic area without one item having ever broke a single defined rule, moral or ethical expectation set forth on this site at the time. :troll::rolleyes:

As far as I see it keep on posting! :cool:

TCM I love you.

Obviously as a Brother. Jeepers, when all the stuff happened, you kept your cool. Man I gave you flack. Lots of it.

But you know what....you handled all in your stride. Pays tribute to your Personality.

It also probably helps than I am 3 foot five inches and you are six foot whatever....I hide behind a keyboard LOL :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Thanks! :cool:

Oddly enough you're not the only one who has came around and told me that. :p

As far as my personality goes I figured it was time to change avatars again. This one's the Joker from 'The Batman' animated series. Oddly I can relate to the character as played in that series more than I probably should admit to. :eek:

As a last little chirp here....

This site has a History of note. It has had it's real ups and downs. Not like other sites out there. It has survived all kinds of stuff..

Take me for example.....after what happened in 2013??. TCM and I were not talking. But you know what I honestly think...all these things that happen give character to the Site and its people....folks maybe just want to pop in and see..

As a perfect example......I decided to get myself Banned with all the stuff that happened then. I mean to get Banned at ETO is a lot of work most times...
I asked for a Ban. I literally had to beg EM and then make him so cross that he gave me one....

Three days later...I came crawling back....under false pretenses..with a different name. And so on.

This place is VERY special. We have had fun here that many Forums out there canno't even begin to comprehend....that is why we as in community here need to get back on track. Special Site, known people and learning with Fun. We have characters here of note....

Another last thing...there are basically two reliable Electronic Forums out there that count...ETO is one and AAC is the other. ETO has taken a bit of strain lately....funny thing is that some ETO members ran over to AAC. Settled there and appeared happy...

But....they keep checking back here. Just to see if ETO is OK.....Like they love ETO as I do.

We will have it all again Guys in abundance. We need to pace ourselves.

Regards,
tvtech

Today was rough :wideyed:

I was absolutely useless in the Workshop. I canno't do all Nighters anymore. Especially at my age :banghead:
I really wish I could grow up and not try and be a teen my whole life long.

Maybe one day I will grow up. And then it will be too late for me.

Stay well Guys.

Regards,
tvtech

Try doing my job. I typically do 14 days or nights at a time for 14 - 16 hours a shift as an electronics/electrical technician in the oil fields for a fraccing company. :p

Hi,

I think some members come here as a social outlet more than a technical inlet/outlet, but they like technology just the same so they like to be 'around' people that are talking about it. They might ask a lot of questions not so much for the answer as for just being able to participate in something they know they like but dont really know that much about it yet. It's a little harder to deal with these people because they dont seem to have any real goal, but i do feel that they are basically sincere. If they liked basketball they might go to a basketball site even if they didnt know how to play it.
I dont think a forum is as social as a meeting hall for example, where people with the same interests can go to talk about things. For some though it will be all that they have because there is simply nothing else around.
So it's sometimes like talking about the weather...yeah it's been talked about before but people might not have anything else to talk about at that particular moment. Once they mature in the subject area a little they will have more serious questions.
Just some things i've observed over the years.

Hi Ya Mike, hope all is well in your little corner of CA. I don't get here as much as I once did. For me things were different. I retired about 18 months ago after a long career in electronics and now much of my time (something I have much more of :) ) is consumed with my other hobby, the shooting sports. I am enjoying my summer days on the range. Up here in NE Ohio I no longer have that climate I once enjoyed in San Diego.

Ron

And true to form...I cannot stay away.

Never mind, no more Political posts of whatever here. Nah. No more moaning and groaning. No more late nights/early Morning stuff :wideyed:

All nighter was bad for me....

Just so proud of you all trying to get ETO back where it belongs. And that is at the top of the list of trusted Electronic Info sites :)
I will stand by you all and silently watch. Remember, I don't have to post anything (reminding myself)...go for it Guys :)

I am not posting again (I will be watching) until you are all awesome again. And that is what all the helpers here at ETO ever did...
Exceptional people here that are so loyal. Names nah but you know who you are. Bit of a ramble....but a good one. I want to see ETO fly again...not hobble along.

Put your thinking Caps on. You already have the answers....you just need more questions .....

All the best,
tvtech

The Angel TVTech is watching over us... I feel better already :)

The Angel TVTech is watching over us... I feel better already :)

Indeed I am. Not exactly an angel....just the opposite. A bit of a Rebel with a cause.

Think along the lines of a James Dean without the money :)

Love you all,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey! What happened to "silently watch" and "not posting again" ???? Huh? Very rebelious...

Hey! What happened to "silently watch" and "not posting again" ???? Huh? Very rebelious...

Hi Throb

I am trying my very best. No more Politics and all. Just sitting here and behaving :cool:

And watching. And trying to not post. I slip up now and again....but generally I believe I am doing OK. I am trying desperately to re train this crazy brain of mine.

Regards,
tvtech

No worries - I just can't resist a wind-up! And I like your crazy brain :)

tvtech is an addict ... his additction ... ETO

He has alluded to "I can quit anytime I want" a few times. Classic addict's statement.

tvtech ... in this instance, being addicted is a good thing. :)

tvtech is an addict ... his additction ... ETO

He has alluded to "I can quit anytime I want" a few times. Classic addict's statement.

tvtech ... in this instance, being addicted is a good thing. :)

You nailed it Joe :)

Too much good stuff/people here to simply walk away. Always need my daily fix. Otherwise I am miserable :eek:

Thanks man :cool:

tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back