Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where has the fun gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
I've been a member here for many, many years. This was a forum that I used to look forward to visiting many times a day and having fun etc. Going back to EM's days.

Now, it's not fun anymore. No real reason to want to visit anymore.

Laughter and fun gone.

Just all seriousness now.

Where has the fun gone?
Corporations have a way of doing that. It's no longer a community, just a collection of people asking and answering questions on just another corporate-funded website.

I might joke around a little about how many EEs it takes to change a light bulb when they get too precision and theoretical about LED amps & resistors & parallel vs serial. And differences between batches even from the same manufacturer and part number.
But I wouldn’t want to get jumped on for hijacking.

I've been a member here for many, many years. This was a forum that I used to look forward to visiting many times a day and having fun etc. Going back to EM's days.

Now, it's not fun anymore. No real reason to want to visit anymore.

Laughter and fun gone.

Just all seriousness now.

If you really want that question answered, I can do it but you'll really feel like all the fun is gone and there is no chance it will ever return and you'll even learn that the fun you used to have wasn't really fun or funny and you should be ashamed of yourself for believing it was funny. Be careful about the questions you ask.

Corporations and pedants have a way of doing that. It's no longer a community, just a collection of people asking and answering questions on just another corporate-funded, pedant-infested website.
FIFY, no charge.

Change is enevitable i guess , the Electro Technical world I my 60 odd years has become unrecognizable.if you follow my drift. ( we still had 5 hole paper tape back then ) But this site has been and still is very useful technically, advancing my 'maker' hobbies , Fun well could do with more , but that seems commonplace either online or almost anywhere .

Define FUN

I guess that depends on your outlook in life.

For some people it is two weeks in a tacky Brit infested town by the Mediterranean Sea.
Drunk out of your mind on cheap drinks, acting the fool and getting sunburned so that you look like a survivor of a nuclear reactor accident.

That is not my idea of fun.

JimB

I try to inject the odd bit of humour (or should that be bits of odd humour) into my posts, but do it too often and you're likely to get warned about going off-topic or trolling.

I used to have ''fun' at work.. ( service engineer ) then 'they' made me redundant. perhaps that was the reason ?

I don’t remember who, but someone said a while ago that ETO was like home and AAC was like being at your in-law's house.
That was me:

Guess that describes the life of a pedant......

There is, but a certain minority wants to pick apart the posts, bring out their straw, and suck the frickin fun out of everyone else's contributions, whilst offering very little of humorous value of their own....
I hope said party sees this thread.
But he probably enjoys being the "one" in every crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back