Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do I find a wire connector for this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarSeer

Please excuse my ignorance here, but I have very little idea of what I've gotten myself into. I need to extend the length of the ribbon on this membrane switch from the circuit board with wires for flexibility. The problem is, I have no idea what I'm looking for or where to look.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You didn't attach a picture.
If you just want wires on your membrane switch, then a through hole PCB connector can be used to solder wires to. It really depends on what type of flex cable you have. Type "flex" into the search engine at Digikey or other supplier to find more.

Use a servo extension cable, should be able to find them in any RC hobby store, not gonna be flat cable but it may be flexible enough. If that connector isn't completly fused shut you may be able to open it and tap the leads directly.

Last edited:
I don't see any way to get into that connector. I might be better off building a cable or using a servo extension cable.

Servo extension cables are often over priced, you'd be better off making your own if you're not going to pay an arm and a leg for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back