Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do I connect this variable capacitor in a radio circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacdrag

I had this planned out a while ago but abandoned the project, can find my notes, and am now picking it back up. I have this:

The Amazon diagram shows two bottom connectors. There is a pair of the same two connectors on the opposite side. Where do I connect the antenna and where do I connect my wound wire?

Ty

The moving vanes of the capacitor are connected to the metal frame.
The two visible solder tags are connected to the fixed vanes of the capacitor. The other two tags that you describe are probably also connected to the fixed vanes. You can confirm this by measuring the resistance between the 4 tags. I expect the resistance reading to be almost zero ohms. Without you showing us the schematic we can't tell you where to connect it.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back