Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where could I find this type of 1/4" jack connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraal

Hello,

I'm looking for a jack connector with the following features:
  • 1/4"
  • Single open circuit
  • Isolated switching transfer circuit (i.e. with an isolated SPDT with 3 pins ABC, no plug = AB are connected, plug inserted = BC are connected, ABC are isolated from the tip)
I found on Switchcraft website a pdf that indicates that this kind of jack seems to exist (https://www.switchcraft.com/Documents/Jack_Schematics.pdf type XIX J1-1C), but I cannot find a reference number on their website, I didn't receive an answer to my message yet. So maybe someone knows where I could get this kind of jack.

I had a look at neutrik, Rean, AEC, Cliff, with no success... so if anybody has an idea where I could buy some it would be great.
As an alternative, if somebody knows how to design a circuit as the following without this type of connector, your help would be greatly appreciated:

I have 4 jacks J1, J2, J3 and J4. If nothing is plugged into J2, the signal (tip) goes from J1 to J3, if a plug is inserted into J2, then the signal goes from J1 to J4 AND from J2 to J3. I want no external (manual) switch.

Thanks a lot for your help !

P.S. This is my first post on this forum, I hope that I did not break any rule.

Thanks for your reply. I saw these connectors from Philmore, but I'm not sure that the common poles are isolated from the tip/ring as I need it (according to the schematics it is not the case, but according to the text in Philmore's catalog, it seems that the dpdt switch is isolated...)

I saw these connectors from Philmore, but I'm not sure that the common poles are isolated from the tip/ring as I need it
I've used similar ones in the past and they have been fully isolated.
I believe the lines to the tip/ring from the contact commons are supposed to represent the contact actuator mechanism rather than electrical contacts, it's just the way they are drawn.

I think any that show a full three-contact changeover switch in addition to the socket contacts will be isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back