Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where can I get this part at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_sPaCeCoWbOy

I have search and can't find what I need.

I need a variable capacitor that ranges from 10nf to 1uf or in that area...all the ones I see only go up to ~2nf. I search jameco, digikey, mouser, etc....

anyone know wher to get this at?

Thanks,
Travis

its a ghetto way of doing it, but I want to make a 555 timer at 50%...to vary between .1Hz and 1KHz....and varying the capacitor would be easier then using pots....

unless there is a easier way to make a 555 at 50%....if so, let me know....

Thanks,
space

ThE_sPaCeCoWbOy said:
its a ghetto way of doing it, but I want to make a 555 timer at 50%...to vary between .1Hz and 1KHz....and varying the capacitor would be easier then using pots....

unless there is a easier way to make a 555 at 50%....if so, let me know....

Thanks,
space

You really need to use pots to do this I think. AND, it doesn't get easier than using a pot (you just need one). It will take longer and cost more if you try such a wide range variable capacitor. You can add some diodes to your 555 oscillator to make 50% duty and still use a pot for your freq adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back