Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find a particular fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow tripped the fuses it my multimeter (yes, both). I don't know why this should be hard, but I can't find the correct fuses I need. I'd assume they would come right up up e.g. eBay, Amazon, or at least on Google. But no, not the ceramic one.

**broken link removed**

The ceramic one is 250V at 10A, it has the label "65TS".
The other is F500mAL 250V, 50F. This one is easy to find.

What type of fuse is the ceramic one? What does "65TS" mean?

You must not have a Fluke...

(those fuses are easy to find, but expensive)

The ceramic fuses are rated for a higher breaking current than the glass ones, and so are safer for aplications where thay might be subject to a high fault current - such as multimeter current ranges. They are often rated as "High rupture current" or "HRC".

I would imagine any 250V 10A ceramic fuse, especially one rated as HRC, should work. Of course, one of a lower rating woud be fine too. Fast-acting (ie, marked "F" not "T") would also be best.

(edit for typos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back