Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I find a "203" capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljabailey

I have recently broken a capacitor in a synthesiser which has made it stop working.
It is a small orange disc just over 6mm in diameter and the only thing printed on it is 203.
I assume that this means that this is a 203pf capacitor but as I am fairly new to electronics (electronic engineer in training) I am unsure.

If anybody could assist me in finding a good place to buy replacements (in the UK) that would be great, thanks.

I have recently broken a capacitor in a synthesiser which has made it stop working.
It is a small orange disc just over 6mm in diameter and the only thing printed on it is 203.
I assume that this means that this is a 203pf capacitor but as I am fairly new to electronics (electronic engineer in training) I am unsure.

If anybody could assist me in finding a good place to buy replacements (in the UK) that would be great, thanks.

hi,
Try here:
Rapid | Distributors of electronic components, electrical products and educational supplies

or Maplin's

It's not 203pF.

The value is in pF and the last digit the exponent, the number of 0s on the end, 203 = 20×10³ = 20,000pF = 20nF.

I suspect it's not too critical: 22nF will probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back