Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where are u from

where are you from

• Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asia

• Australia

• Canada

• Europe(not UK)

• USA

• UK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phasor said:
In Australia, insulting the Prime Minister is a national sport! :lol:
Has been that way for many decades, no exemptions!

Yep. And it really used to be that way in America too.

Old newspapers often had articles and editorial cartoons very critical of public officials (often insulting)...and doing worse than calling them stupid. Then came the Pledge of Allegiance and the flag waving of the anti-communism era and some people didn't see, and still don't see, the parallel between that and fascism.

Being able to criticize your public officials is a GOOD thing.

Mike

Look, nobody is taking your right to be critical of politicians away. Hell, write editorials bashing him all day if you want and send them to newspapers. My problem is not the fact that you criticised him, but rather that you did it in an international internet forum, where sensitivities and sentiments toward our country might not be good as it is. If you liberals think President Bush has done international relations harm, as you all like to scream, do you think you are helping anything by dragging our president through the mud for the rest of the world to read? Please think responsibly about what you are doing! You are only contributing to the negative sentiments, not trying to repair them!!!

This forum needs to be about Electronics and fun things! Not negativities. We shouldn't be bringing up such hostile subjects and expressing hostile opinions. It is not good, and the end result is never good. There are plenty of political forums out there that are more appropriate. These are places where people actually WANT to read this kind of stuff.

Jay.slovak said:
Hey, stop that Politic crap, this is not appropriate forum for it!

Read this: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/vibration-sensor.17066/#post-100652

This forum needs to be about Electronics and fun things! Not negativities. We shouldn't be bringing up such hostile subjects and expressing hostile opinions. It is not good, and the end result is never good. There are plenty of political forums out there that are more appropriate. These are places where people actually WANT to read this kind of stuff.

I totally agree! Thank you for adding that amendment to the posting guidelines.

Hi, gerty,

I live in Baton Rouge, LA...But I am originally from Maryville, TN near Knoxville......Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me, good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee!! GO BIG ORANGE!!! I have a feeling very few people on this forum will have any idea what I just said...LOL

I voted Australia because I now live there. Maybe I should have voted UK as the question is "Where are you from" not "Where do you live".

Anyway, good to see Aus is well supported.

Mike.

Heathtech.. I was born in Taxachusetts, er Massachusetts, but moved here as soon as I realized the quality of life was sooo much better here.
That was 27 years ago, only regret is that is that I didn't do it sooner.
Southern Hospitality is more than just a catch phrase, it's a way of life...
And yeah, if you " ain't from here" you probably wouldn't understand
Rocky Top or Big Orange... :D

Why the exclusion of any country in south or central america?

By the way, I'm from Brazil but I live in the USA.

i live in england(uk) terrible priminister
terrible Queen
and we r in the terrible E.U.
i could talk about a solution but i would get arrested
and get life in prision(thats just for t6alkin about it)
terrorists get rid oif all the fun :(

Interesting to hear this "Terrible EU", in my country it is like the best thing that happened to us (We gained 2 car manufacturers in just a year :D ).

I'm quite suprised at how little of the active members here are from the UK. Australia is indeed well supported. There's an Australian Electronics supplier who advertises in Elektor Electronics every month and they have some quite interesting projects on offer, I've been tempted to order a catalouge.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back