Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when to tie MCLR to VDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find them there, I am just looking for a full description of what each does, cause the spec sheet (at least for the 12f683) does not list them, as they are for the IDE and not the PIC.

I did find some info in the "Memory Programming Specification" sheets that get into the settings.

I designed the pcb with a jumper for the 10k so I can go either method now. Is there a specific date that they changed the terminology so that I can be sure? Then I just gotta find the date the PIC was released, I hope.

Thanks

Doesn't matter when the PIC was released, PIC's don't have any part of the assembly process - it's all just down to the include file and what it says in there.

I see now. All I had to do was change the hex to binary to see what was happening. I never do things the easy way the first time lol.

Thanks

Ambient said:
All I had to do was change the hex to binary to see what was happening.
Don't! The purpose of the config labels is to simplify the device configuration! :)
I've merged some information from the include file and the datasheet of the PIC12F683:

Code:
;==========================================================================
;
;       Configuration Bits
;
;==========================================================================

_FCMEN_ON                    ;Fail-Safe Clock Monitor is enabled
_FCMEN_OFF                   ;Fail-Safe Clock Monitor is disabled

_IESO_ON                     ;Internal External Switchover mode is enabled
_IESO_OFF                    ;Internal External Switchover mode is disabled

_BOD_ON                      ;BOR enabled
_BOD_OFF                     ;BOR disabled

_CPD_ON                      ;Data memory code protection is enabled
_CPD_OFF                     ;Data memory code protection is disabled
_CP_ON                       ;Program memory code protection is enabled
_CP_OFF                      ;Program memory code protection is disabled

_MCLRE_ON                    ;GP3/MCLR pin function is MCLR
_MCLRE_OFF                   ;GP3/MCLR pin function is digital input, MCLR internally tied to VDD

_PWRTE_OFF                   ;PWRT (Power-up timer) disabled
_PWRTE_ON                    ;PWRT enabled

_WDT_ON                      ;WDT enabled
_WDT_OFF                     ;WDT disabled and can be enabled by SWDTEN bit of the WDTCON register

_LP_OSC                      ;LP oscillator: Low-power crystal on GP4/OSC2/CLKOUT and GP5/OSC1/CLKIN
_XT_OSC                      ;XT oscillator: Crystal/resonator on GP4 and GP5
_HS_OSC                      ;HS oscillator: High-speed crystal/resonator on GP4 and GP5
_INTOSCIO                    ;INTOSCIO oscillator: I/O function on GP4 pin, I/O function on GP5
_INTOSC                      ;INTOSC oscillator: CLKOUT function on GP4 pin, I/O function on GP5

I just meant that I could look at what is being set/cleared with each config setting, I am still using the CONFIG commands just as they are. Thanks for the info though, saves a lot of time scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back