When in France...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

Ok, So I came on holiday with some small electronic projects to make - one was a joule thief. I made an assumption about some wire I had in the garage and now realise that the wire I have to winding the toroid is way too big a gauge

So, I'm near a town called Montendre about 80 miles from Bordeaux - anyone know of an electronics shop where I can buy some 38 swg enamelled wire?

Cheers

Last edited:
Well..Montendre seems like a good village blessed with naturality..

Caravanning,camping and fishing etc..are popular ways of holiday celebration there..

I don't see any chance of getting 38SWG there.( You mean there is no any motor/mixie electrical repair shops ?)

It is not critical for a simple joule thief. The best way to get I can say is from the secondary of a .5A transformer(6,9 or 12V etc). Bad transformer might be there in your garage or old faulty taperecorders etc. You can even try in the inductor of a faulty CFL like that things.

I'm on holiday here - some days its just too darn hot though - I don't normally get a lot of time to tinker so I like to use my holiday 'siesta' time more productively

That said, there are only so many sunflower fields you can look at - especially the ones near here where the flowers don't turn to face the sun (they just face East)!

Hmm, maybe I should make some sort of BEAM robot that tracks the sun and turns properly...

Thats a great idea on reclaiming the wire out of some old junk - I'll see what I can find.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…