Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when i am alowed to use phasors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Looks like the DC component.

What do you mean when do you use phasors? THey're just another way to write complex numbers.

Hi DK,

I was a little confused by this last question too.
We havent heard from transgalactic for a while now, i wonder if he/she
took off to some other galaxy by now :)

i was told that when i have a sinus input in m diff equation
than there are case when i am not allowed to use
foorier transformation(phasors)

but i have to solve it like a normal diff equation with a sinus in the right side

what is that case?

Phasors can be used in any circuit with a phase shifted power source. They can not be used in underdamped step input circuits because the exponential component adds its own phase component to the ringing component, so:
What equation for Vc can you add to its 2nd derivitive to get 3cos(2t)?

Well, if Vc = Acos(βt) then Vc' = -Aβsin(βt) and Vc'' = -Aβ²cos(βt) so that:

-Aβ²cos(βt) + Acos(βt) = 3cos(2t)
A(-β² + 1)cos(βt) = 3cos(2t)
so: β = 2
and: A(-β² + 1) = 3
A = 3/(-2² + 1)
= -1
so: Vc = -cos(2t) V
I guess the right hand waveform is shifted 180deg from the solution, which makes sense since the equation uses a second derivitive, and therefore shifts the waveform by two lots of 90deg.

Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back